My 521 Truck

Guest Rick-rat

Head up , shoulders back , time to get tough .

I've known Rick has been struggling to contain this info about the cancer for a while .

When your wife told me on the way out the gate at canby , I had a mini break down. After the crazy journey we all shared building the truck. It was the ending I had hoped for. Giving the truck to someone that help build it. But being told that finding the cancer was because he had wrecked his other trucks. If was just to muc h for one weekend.

Sharing that didn't seem my place. Dealing with news like this has never been my strong suit. So I just filed it away and pretend I didn't know.

I'm glad to know ya Rick , and the best thing you can do is stay positive , trust the doctors you've choosen . And take your time recovering .

We'll all still be here , and you can fly the Ratsun with a smile on your face!

I wish you good luck, and speedy recovery

• Like 8
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick-rat

Thank you all , As Al said, my 620 sacrificed itself for me. Had it not been for the accident the cancer would not have been found until it was too late to do anything about it. hoping to get well soon and go to BBQ's and meets

• Like 4

Pics to look at ,, i think your inside lever is wider at the attachment point than this one,, but i'm not sure why... Rubber grommet affair is the ticket you're probably overlooking somewheres in all that stuff.

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

And then there's the god damn cat!!

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

• Like 2

Get better, i dont know most of these peeps in person but still stings a little to hear about their troubles, like uber deafs notice sure sucked, on the cancer issue, if u near mexico theres a plant they call moringa, and it has healed everyone i know of from cancer, in the states the fda says its bad and dangerous, but thats cause its inconvenient to their 170 billion dollars the cancer industry pulls in

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Rick-rat

I have decided to give this truck a name, POS and pile of crap are probably already taken, so I will name it      "COLUMBO"  .  Like the detective it's always " Just one more thing" with this truck. fix something and something else pops up. Still have yet to drive this. Surgery in the morning, so don't know when I will get back to it, should be ready by Canby 2016 or 2017 if all goes well.

• Like 2

I have decided to give this truck a name, POS and pile of crap are probably already taken, so I will name it      "COLUMBO"  .  Like the detective it's always " Just one more thing" with this truck. fix something and something else pops up. Still have yet to drive this. Surgery in the morning, so don't know when I will get back to it, should be ready by Canby 2016 or 2017 if all goes well.

You're a dick

• Like 5

You're a dick

in case deleting is cheating,  for prosperity ....my offer stands, I  have trailer and will come get it in trade for my raffle tickets ... i still has them ...shit i will buy 100 more too if need be 

• Like 4
Guest Rick-rat

Just saying, if you knew anything, it was not a "free" truck, you don't know how much money and time I gave to support the effort to get the truck done. Not looking for any sympathy from you or anyone else. Not complaining, stating facts on what needed to be done to get the truck safe and legal to drive. I was going to ask a wiring question , but some would just call it complaining

• Like 1

Why would you say that?

Because those hours and dollars you spent were donated by you for no gain.

The 100 you spent on tickets + the one donated by Mike was the true investment.

Listen life is rough fight for you at the moment . But let's be honest , sometimes the way you phrase things come off the wrong way. Because if you think that your time and dollar donation equates to more than anyone else , you would be very wrong.

I'm trying to be the middle of the road guy. I know for fact we have shared good times . Your a very cool cat, but the tone is catching many the wrong way .

• Like 8

He has only complained about the truck since he got it. Yet he talks shit about me all the time, I donated money to the truck and more then denmark knows, only for some one like you to be a ungrateful son of a bitch about it. You winning it only makes it look like it was inside job, there i said it to bad. I have never mocked you on this website but you try to get under my skin with your stupid comments about my truck being on a trailer all the time or driving in the rain, to much money to that. 

Yet looks like the truck is falling apart and its just sitting maybe you should go back and re think the dumb comments you make and made in the past. Because of guys like you I will never donate to something like this again, You ruin it for everybody!

• Like 2
Guest Rick-rat

I am not ungrateful Mr. big and not complaining, just saying that a lot of things needed to be repaired. You have no idea of what I have done to get everything working on this truck and I have never mentioned a lot of things that had to be done.

As far as my winning being an "inside job", you are so far off-base with that comment, the drawing was witnessed by hundreds of people. sorry you didn't win

Truck is not falling apart, it is getting closer every day to go.

• Like 1

Not free? Pretty sure I gave you a the ticket, that I got from datzenmike, sounds pretty free to me.

I understand the time and effort you put into building this truck, I'm sure all involved are appreciative. That being said, calling it a pos is a jab at everyone that put anything into this truck. Most that worked on it I'm sure wouldn't bitch about it if they won it.

Edit: Tanker could not have been an inside job, no one knew Mike gave me the ticket and no one new I gave the ticket to rick.

• Like 5
Guest Rick-rat

Not free? Pretty sure I gave you a the ticket, that I got from datzenmike, sounds pretty free to me.

I understand the time and effort you put into building this truck, I'm sure all involved are appreciative. That being said, calling it a pos is a jab at everyone that put anything into this truck. Most that worked on it I'm sure wouldn't bitch about it if they won it.

Edit: Tanker could not have been an inside job, no one knew Mike gave me the ticket and no one new I gave the ticket to rick.

Never called it a POS,only said that name already taken, doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore

• Like 3