My 521 Truck

Guest Rick-rat

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick-rat

Soon it will be going down 2 inches, first have to get the wiring straightened out, tail light, turn signals, horn. Daniel C sent me a wiring diagram but that's kind of like giving a drivers license to a blind man

• Like 5

.. or a truck to a guy that shouldn't drive.

Too soon?

:rofl:

• Like 3

There is a light return spring, it is definitely something with the cable

That cable is a pain. It's a brand new lokar uni cable . Hardly worth the 30 koheartgpa ( Diego ) spent on it .

Glad to hear about the gas cap lock fix. That should go in a tech link or something . I looked all over for a solution . Nice one .

Also glad to see the continued build thread . . But I think it should be in the 521 section . That way all the 521 guys would be forced to drool over it daily.

Can't wait for this thing to start pulling some trophies / plaques !

• Like 5
Guest Rick-rat

The war is on, the little bastard drew first blood today, had a major battle with a minor victory. My license plate came today, easy enough right? Figured that as long as I was working in the area that I would see if the light for the plate worked. It didn't so I checked the one I pulled from my 620 and it was fine, getting the old one out was a PITA, Worked on it with the Dremel first, then broke out the air grinder and finally got the bastard off. then I had to modify it to work with the one I had. Save old license plates, they come in handy for ethnic engineering. Then the plate had to go on, the bracket for the plate was not all there so I mounted it about the same way the Canby plate was mounted, a little bit more securely though and finished off with a "Do it in a Datsun" frame.

At the rate I am going I might have it ready for Blue Lake

• Like 6

You can take the tumblers out of the fuel door lock and rearrange them to match your ignition lock. You can do this with a 521 glove box lock also.

I'm super glad you got the truck Rick.

Here is how to rekey you glove box on a 521. The fuel door is done the same way.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/6340-rekeying-a-521-glove-box-lock/?p=80275&hl=+rekeying%20+glove%20+box&fromsearch=1&do=findComment&comment=80275

• Like 1

The only things electrical we didn't finish on the rear of the truck is 2 ground wires that didn't get connected to the frame . That should solve the taillight . There are wires there for the marker light .

As for the fuel sending wires , they are there as well , after doing the bed liner it just got overlooked . The 2 wires are right there , black ground and the other just clips right to the sending unit . If I remember right the wires were a little short.

I will have to look at your post to comment on the other things not working perfectly.

Read the thread again.

Turn signals only need a flasher fuse , I believe Daniel left it out because we were going to use LED lights . But that was a miscommunication on my part. As we only used LED lights in the dash cluster .

So look up under the dash driver side between the steering column and the kick panels there should be a L shaped plug ( off white ) that's your flasher fuse.

Now that I think more about, jester and I were looking at that but I didn't have a flasher that was the correct one .

I would just check for grounds being all connected , and you should be fine.

• Like 2
Guest Rick-rat

Will not be working on either truck this coming weekend, July 4&5, for those of you that have volunteered your help for that weekend, will try to get the work done the following weekend

• Like 2
Guest Rick-rat

Some progress today, tail light fixed, rear side markers working, 4 way flashers working. Still need to figure out horn and turn signals, does anyone know the part number for a flasher? It has a "T" connector and not an"L" shaped connector. Went to NAPA to try to get one . The bitch working behind the counter pulled an attitude, didn't want to be there. She looked in her computer and it didn't go back that far so she was lost. had an L shaped flasher with me, told her what I was looking for, she went in back and grabbed a box of flashers, threw on the counter and said I have L shaped, 3 prong, 4 prong flashers, I don't have any fucking T shaped flashers and can't fucking help you.

• Like 3