My 521 Truck

Guest Rick-rat

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on naner everybody has moved on. Enough of your negative attitude. ;)

And your leaky house comparison is textbook apples and oranges. You're better than that and you know it.

And for the record both my Datsuns leak in the rain, but I ain't complaining. And I paid for those suckers!!!

• Like 1

naner chill the fuck out .. u don't need to be everyone's super defender ... ....... health concerns have nothing to do with this truck and why people were speaking up ... and yes i would take that house leaky roof and fix it cause that's what i do anyway, so having a free initial investment i s a bonus .. dont make this about u cause u pay for a house with a leaky roof... lets drop it .. lol

• Like 1

I have no beef with any of you personally just did not like how it was turned that Rick was personally attacking us.  I personally was not able to do as much as I would have liked to for the truck and the cause but I did what I could and I am happy I did it.  I will continue helping when and where I can.

Many of you put countless hours in the truck and opened your wallets way above what any one could have expected.  This was a good thing we all did and I am happy Rick has the truck.

It is a beautiful truck.  I thank all that made this happen.  Rick you sir have one truck in a billion.

Now more pictures please.

• Like 2
Guest Rick-rat

I would post what I got done on the truck, but some would misconstrue it as bitching, complaining, whining, etc. All I can say is if the front end was aligned it would be at Jrocks BBQ tomorrow

Busta, Great engine builder ,runs awesome, getting ready to start driving, ,when would you recommend changing the oil? And what weight?

Anyone. put in an aftermarket tach, wired as the directions said. Red wire to power when key is on, black to ground , green to negative side of coil, white to lights. Tach will read for a few seconds and then go to zero. Shut off the engine and restart and it will work again for a few seconds and then back to zero, the truck is equipped with a matchbox dizzy, any ideas?  Thank you

• Like 1

Take that thing over to Daves (pumpkin210) he'll show you how to dress it up real nice.

Seriously though I got to see it at Canby but I kept my dirty paws off of it.

Maybe look at the 4 cylinder setting on the back of the tach if it has one. I've seen lots of tachs just not work. Sounds like you have it hooked up correctly.  It's a new tach right? Maybe play with the wires a little, move the ground ect.

• Like 1
Guest Rick-rat

Yes have it set to 4 cylinder, new tach, second one

Redid the ground, connection was not very good where the wires were hooked together, checked other connections, all good   ???????????? still doing the same thing

• Like 2
Guest Rick-rat

I borrowed an old Mac tools tester for RPM, dwell, and volts. unhooked tach wire from the coil and made a short wire to put on the coil. Hooked that to one of the clips on the tester and clipped the other lead from the tester to the wire to the tach. Worked fine with the tester hooked up. It's an old tester he would probably sell me cheap but it is good sized and can't find a place to mount it. Any ideas anyone???? I am baffled by this.

• Like 1
Guest Rick-rat

The only time it works is when it goes through the tester, 1 wire from the tach in the cab to one lead on the tester, and the other lead to the coil

If hooked up w/out the tester the tach will work 4 to 5 seconds and then drop to zero

Ran it 10 minutes through the tester and no problems with the tach, worked as it should

• Like 1