• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

hqdefault.jpg

I'm an excellent speller.... but not on Sunday. Definitely not on Sunday.  

Capitol relates to building that is the seat of government. The city it is in is still a capital. For example the Washington State capitol building is located in the state capital of Olympia. My use of capitol was inexcusably and totally wrong. 

Talking about calling people stupid..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CCrnDGOl2xA

Don't know if it's interesting or belongs, but reminds me of Mike talking datsun

Respect

He talks mumbo jumbo and worse invokes the mighty Tesla name to rub off some credibility. This works on the same principal as a solar sail. Light photons exert force on a reflective surface. It isn't much but it has to be calculated and accounted for on any space craft traveling between planets.

• Like 1

He talks mumbo jumbo and worse invokes the mighty Tesla name to rub off some credibility. This works on the same principal as a solar sail. Light photons exert force on a reflective surface. It isn't much but it has to be calculated and accounted for on any space craft traveling between planets.

Mike. You missed the most interesting part. If the mass of photons reflecting caused the movement, it would turn the opposite way. As it is, the black surface is pushing, which is the opposite of what you would expect.

He's full of shit... says @ 6:03 "when you go out in the red end of the spectrum in the sun you get a sunburn".  Well that's just plain wrong. Red light is used in dark rooms because it has less energy to expose film. Everyone knows it's UV rays the do the damage.

Did he make up those $1,000 words? Co-axial dielectric? wtf??? or just jumble them together? Crackpot amateur home scientist. Says the colored lights are the same intensity... brightness maybe but is it the same energy?

I know what a radiometer is, my parents had one and i played with it all the time.

If that glass bulb was a total vacuum it wouldn't work. Light heats the black absorbent side. And the heat speeds up the few air molecules near it and they push against each other and the surface.