• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a cabby for most of his professional life. This can of tin was his domain for the best of it, seems. Today we send his ashes off on a perfect day in Paradise. Here's his night view of the city.

FDAD4E40-5FC3-4ACD-99B8-E0CFCA5BA974.jpg

• Like 6

So tonight was the best start of my vacation ever!  I got Ugly Betty fixed up last night with a new pressure regulator and adjusting the air bleed on the MAF sensor.  She runs much better though I haven't put the Halmeter on her yet and driven around to check ratios.  Anyway, went and saw Rose after work, then went to the Petro to drop off the last remaining box of MG stuff to the guy who bought my MG, and he gave me back the title for the trailer I sold to him, then bought back because it came in handy after windstorm.

Anyway, went back down the hill and at the light, had a guy and a girl in an Evo.  But not a snobby evo, an Evo 7.  And so at the light I dumped it and spun it all the way through first and hole shotted him something fierce.  (At my private, lighted test track.)  And he finally caught up, not like I thought he wouldn't.  Anyway, big grins all around, and he and I shout-talked through the windows and I told him about autocross and at the next light he mentioned he was really surprised because he didn't expect anything of Ugly Betty.  To which I replied, no one does, it's a shitbox! :D  Anyway, cool guy, maybe we'll see him at autocross.  Then I had some kid who wanted to race after that in a Dodge caliber, the boosted version.  Hole shot him too, surprisingly, and of course lost, but he was kinda douchy and went way to fast to prove a point, and I backed off quite early so he would slow down.  Anyway, as I pulled into the Safeway to get some groceries, I noticed a slow rolling state patrol coming through the parking lot about the same time I was entering Safeway.  (This would be just adjacent to my private test track with stoplights.)

So I sauntered in and took a long time stocking up on groceries for the week of wrenching on the race car!  Thank you Datsun Gods for watching over me and Betty! ;)

• Like 4

Straya, you needa go beat kiwi arse!

A mother in New Zealand has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing her own one-year-old son and selling the one minute of footage to a paedophile she’d met online for $300.

But astonishingly, 23-year-old Krystal Harvey was only sentenced to eight months home detention, 100 hours community service and 20 months of judicial monitoring, TVNZ reports.

Grandmother disgusted

The woman’s own mother, Jocelyn Vaega, said she was disgusted by the way her daughter had abused her own son and was not convinced she showed any remorse.

“How can a mother, supposed to be protecting her child from the paedophiles of the world, expose him to them,” she told TVNZ.

“My grandson would not have known what was going on. He was so vulnerable and she’s meant to love him and take care of him.”

Jail would not help, lawyer says

Krystal’s lawyer argued that community service and home detention would be more suitable for the young mother than jail as she would receive counselling and and rehab so she could understand the extent of her depravity and not reoffend.

She also argued that the little boy appeared to be asleep at the time and a report also found that she had a low risk of reoffending.

In his summary, Judge Phil Recordon said the breach of trust was “at the highest level a mother could be involved with,” and added, “You’re someone who very clearly has never been able to form an attachment with anyone. Your life has really been a mess until now.”

But, he said, he didn’t think jail was the answer. ”Prison would be a BAND-AID covering over your issues.”

It’s hard, however, to imagine why anyone would need “counselling” to understand that this sort of behaviour is beyond unacceptable.

http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/real-life/in-the-news/kiwi-mum-escapes-jail-after-sexually-abusing-her-own-one-year-old-son

Straya, you needa go beat kiwi arse!

A mother in New Zealand has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing her own one-year-old son and selling the one minute of footage to a paedophile she’d met online for $300.

But astonishingly, 23-year-old Krystal Harvey was only sentenced to eight months home detention, 100 hours community service and 20 months of judicial monitoring, TVNZ reports.

Grandmother disgusted

The woman’s own mother, Jocelyn Vaega, said she was disgusted by the way her daughter had abused her own son and was not convinced she showed any remorse.

“How can a mother, supposed to be protecting her child from the paedophiles of the world, expose him to them,” she told TVNZ.

“My grandson would not have known what was going on. He was so vulnerable and she’s meant to love him and take care of him.”

Jail would not help, lawyer says

Krystal’s lawyer argued that community service and home detention would be more suitable for the young mother than jail as she would receive counselling and and rehab so she could understand the extent of her depravity and not reoffend.

She also argued that the little boy appeared to be asleep at the time and a report also found that she had a low risk of reoffending.

In his summary, Judge Phil Recordon said the breach of trust was “at the highest level a mother could be involved with,” and added, “You’re someone who very clearly has never been able to form an attachment with anyone. Your life has really been a mess until now.”

But, he said, he didn’t think jail was the answer. ”Prison would be a BAND-AID covering over your issues.”

It’s hard, however, to imagine why anyone would need “counselling” to understand that this sort of behaviour is beyond unacceptable.

http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/real-life/in-the-news/kiwi-mum-escapes-jail-after-sexually-abusing-her-own-one-year-old-son

I will pay for the bullet

• Like 3