INSMNCS: John Cain

Just stating facts, though they may not be cannibalistic true to the definition they will kill each other even in the same pack, and do it quite viciously I might add. Was really one of the damnest things I've ever seen, wasn't expecting that to happen at all.

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Urban wise absolutely, but in eastern Oregon very useful with explosive rabbit and sage rat breeding control. The Yotes population can get out of hand too. Lead levels need to be checked occasionally.

Every spring I go to my folks place in Eastern Oregon and do my part in controlling the sage rat population. For my son it's one of the high lights of his year

• Like 1

New Primary Physician update. 

As stated earlier I have a new one. The PA had nothing to do with listening to what I had to say. He took one look at my fasting labs and jumped down my throat. I tried to explain to the young fella that the condition I have, Porphyria (AKA Dracula's disease) being a disease of the blood it plays havoc with my numbers and that you have to look at a two year average before coming to any conclusions.....but no, he was convinced I had advanced diabetes and an imminent heart attack was due, because I had not cared for myself I was toast. You can imagine my wives horror sitting next to me...He insisted on a follow up diabetes test of which I complied, and as I already knew I have no such problem. As a matter of fact it showed me as straight up normal. To make matters worse he prescribes me a statin for the cholesterol problem, which is a derogatory drug for a person with my condition. It will put me into constant Porphyric attacks (not fun). Which could easily cost me my life.

With that ammo my wife is now calming down, she knew the fact that a single lab test could not be trusted with me, but hearing it said made her very fearful. I know my cholesterol numbers will continue to bounce all over the place.

Longer story short, I went on an all out search for my previous Primary physician that had left the clinic. After an exhaustive search I have found her.

Happily the pain management clinic is separate from the primary.

• Like 1

Even a runt Dr. should know to look up the symptomology of your blood disorder before jumping to conclusions, or prescribing medication. The major flaw of the Western medical model is it's focus on treating the symptom rather than the cause. This is a perfect example, although that's no comfort for you I would imagine. Why is having the pain management separate from primary a benny? 

New Primary Physician update. 

As stated earlier I have a new one. The PA had nothing to do with listening to what I had to say. He took one look at my fasting labs and jumped down my throat. I tried to explain to the young fella that the condition I have, Porphyria (AKA Dracula's disease) being a disease of the blood it plays havoc with my numbers and that you have to look at a two year average before coming to any conclusions.....but no, he was convinced I had advanced diabetes and an imminent heart attack was due, because I had not cared for myself I was toast. You can imagine my wives horror sitting next to me...He insisted on a follow up diabetes test of which I complied, and as I already knew I have no such problem. As a matter of fact it showed me as straight up normal. To make matters worse he prescribes me a statin for the cholesterol problem, which is a derogatory drug for a person with my condition. It will put me into constant Porphyric attacks (not fun). Which could easily cost me my life.

With that ammo my wife is now calming down, she knew the fact that a single lab test could not be trusted with me, but hearing it said made her very fearful. I know my cholesterol numbers will continue to bounce all over the place.

Longer story short, I went on an all out search for my previous Primary physician that had left the clinic. After an exhaustive search I have found her.

Happily the pain management clinic is separate from the primary.

Whoa,glad you found the previous quack.

Hope you can find a better treatment plan with her.