• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhmmm you may have already found out but,,,, that isn't a massive "tree"

Here's what I did yesterday, massive tree removal at Rose's.  Part two.  Spent all last weekend doing this too.

14484738_1693862914268587_50694568973006

• Like 2

So...I had an A-HA! moment today with the Datsun...

Speedo has never worked in my 521. I have always used a GPS speedo app on my phone.

Not long ago, 9 months maybe, i got a new phone.

With a new phone comes all the transfers of apps and info.

Fast forward: Today...exiting my driveway...phone is in ashtray playing music, displaying my speed...Wait. What does that say? Knots? My speed has been being measured in knots this while time?

Let's just say my drive to work and back was quite different than all my trips in the recent past.

For those good at math or Google, the roads I most frequently travel have speeds of 25, 35, 40, 55, 60, and 70mph.

My whole trip to Blue Lake averaged about 70.

I hit 82 on my GPS the other day on the freeway.

These speeds were all achieved believing I was recording speed in MPH, not knots.

thats why everyones been passing you when you thought you were going over the speed limit

thats why everyones been passing you when you thought you were going over the speed limit

No. Do the math.

1 knot equals 1.151 mph.

10 knots would make an extra mile and a half per hour.

60 knots is 69mph.

82 knots is 96mph.

Other way around. It is I that has won all the freeway races.

• Like 3

Me really wants no more rain so I can finish roofing my garage! :D  Oh, and in case you're wondering, putting down tar paper is a requirement.  The addition on my garage that was built quite a while ago did not have that.  Couldn't believe it.  Starting yanking old crappy shingles only to find the sheathing underneath.  Main roof had tar paper thankfully.  I don't know what three-toed pig fuckers were thinking when they built the addition but I suppose I'm lucky it didn't fall over.

• Like 1