Is this Datsun 510 actually worth the asking price?

If somebody pays big money for that car then yes, 2002s are the cheaper alternative.

A good thing I've found about 2002's is so much is still available new that most used parts aren't considered gold.

Still love to have a 510, 610, 1200, or Z parked next to it

Old School, Cool and Cheap don't go together much any more  :no:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If somebody pays big money for that car then yes, 2002s are the cheaper alternative.

A good thing I've found about 2002's is so much is still available new that the used parts aren't considered gold.

Still love to have a 510, 610, 1200, or Z parted next to it

You could always buy one and trade it to someone that will eventually part it out.............  again

• Like 1

You could always buy one and trade it to someone that will eventually part it out.............  again

Is that what happened to it? I did give him all my extra parts that I know he sold.

Would like to know if it's just sitting in someones back yard filling up with rain

I have no idea what he was thinking when setting up that price. I've just haven't had any luck looking and finding a 510 anywhere that is in great condition or semi and that has a fair price to it. The majority of them are over priced and the price is ridiculous high for it.

A good thing I've found about 2002's is so much is still available new that most used parts aren't considered gold.

Still love to have a 510, 610, 1200, or Z parked next to it

Old School, Cool and Cheap don't go together much any more  :no:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/65873-need-help-to-value-a-76-710/ here ya go...

My guess is the unibody has bad cancer, he wants to trade for what you're looking for...a good 510. Dude is just looking for a sucker. Glad I got mine before the Leno effect, $500 and I got it running the same day...been my daily for over a decade.

• Like 1

He has not owned it that long, I remember that car for sale not to long ago. I think it was a guy in the Ventura area and the guy claimed a solid chassis ( NOT by the latest photo's ) with a rusty roof do to a vinyl top. The car looked exactly the same but was a lower price with a very detailed list from the guy who built it.

That is what I remember anyway,

Here is the ad off the realm from Oct 2013,

icon_post_quote.gif
Year: 1973
Make and Model: Datsun 510
Exterior Color: Tan/Brown
Interior Color: Brown/Black
Auto or Manual?: Manual (Dogleg 5-speed)
Odometer Reading: 124,xxx
Location of Vehicle: Ventura, CA
Asking Price: $4,000 obo
Pictures:Pics Here
Extras: Brake hoses
Description: I've owned this car since December of 2008 and have been using it as a daily driver since August 2010. It has run perfectly for me, and I wouldn't hesitate to take this car across the state, or the country if I had to. Now, without carpeting it would be a little loud, but mechanically it would make it. I have run it through its paces in autocross events and the canyons/highways in and around Ventura County. The engine is strong for an L16 and the suspension makes for nice, predictable handling at the limit. I just renewed the registration today ($80), so you'll just have to pay for the transfer till next October. Please see below for all of the details, overall the car needs body & interior to be a clean daily driver but feels like it will run forever in its current state. Please shoot me a PM or email if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Adam

Engine-
-Stock L16
-Regular oil changes
-Seeping oil from near the head gasket, but only enough to make the area look wet, no visible drips on the block
-Does not smoke and starts quickly

Drivetrain
- Dogleg 5-speed transmission installed in August 2010 w/ new clutch and proper GL4 fluid
- One of the starter bolt holes is stripped out, so the starter is being held in place with 1 bolt and a quick release mechanism (vise-grip)
- Stock R160 diff

Suspension
- BZ3015 inserts with 175 lb springs on the front
- Modified control arms, I cut the stock bushing off of the arms and welded in a 3/4 threaded insert to use with a 3/4 rod end and Futofab spacers
- Experimental Engineering T/C bushing kit and Idler Arm bushing kit
- Front Swaybar bushings replaced in March 2013
- KYB GR2 Camaro rear shocks
- Split in half 16" x 400lb x 3" ID spring for the rear with plywood spacers on each side

Brakes
- Porterfield R4-S pads and stock size rotors
- Master Cylinder replaced in August 2010
- Stock rear drum setup

Electrical
- Added ignition power relay for Autometer tachometer and stereo
- Headlight relays added, schematic will be provided

nterior
- Subaru WRX front seats
- No rear seats
- Pioneer head unit with 2 speakers installed behind rear seat area, 2 front speakers will be included for you to install
- No carpeting, it was falling apart and I pulled it to avoid soaking the floor pans with leaks from the old front and rear window rubber

Body
- Has new trunk and doors seals with the inner front window seals replaced in 2010, all other rubber needs to be replaced
- The bumpers aren't mangled, they just need a quick polish to shine
- The hood and truck have spot rusting that I think is consistent with the age of the vehicle
- The hood wasn't latched properly one morning and flew up at 25-30 MPH, so the hood is a little tweaked
- The roof needs to be fixed/replaced, I will include a spare roof
- The right rear quarter panel/wheel area was damaged by the previous owner many years ago and the repaired area isn't holding up well

Contact Information
E-Mail: importracer411 theatsymbol hotmail dot com
  • Like 1

I'm at the keepers house and am getting ready to build an "affordable" 2 door dime for him to sell, I am putting it all together and making it run, than I think he might respray it bamboo tan, it will be getting a l16 and a 5speed and maybe Ei dizzy if I can find the pedestal oh and I think a weber to , what ever he gets me.

I'm at the keepers house and am getting ready to build an "affordable" 2 door dime for him to sell, I am putting it all together and making it run, than I think he might respray it bamboo tan, it will be getting a l16 and a 5speed and maybe Ei dizzy if I can find the pedestal oh and I think a weber to , what ever he gets me.

Does this mean a 510 that's worth what's in it? What's to stop someone buying it and doubling the price? 'Fraid we're stuck on the new prices. Or is this just for you? Then this is different, as you will have a value added car for yourself.

What happened to my post? :o

Complaints of racist remarks.

You should have just went with making fun of RETARDS ,,,(like your twin baby brothers) ,,,,  because since they aren't "real" humans that fucking childish horse shit  is more than exceptable on this forum...  Condoned actually

Right??

Don't make me PC you on this. Besides you are posting outside the Insomniacs barbed wire fence. This is someones post on 510 values. It isn't condoned or acceptable even in Insomniacs, but not many people go there to get offended and complain.