1971 510 with no tachometer. Why?!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought a 1971 510 and where there is suppose to be a tach there isn't. Im wondering why that is and where i might be able to find a working tach. So far i could only find one picture online of what it looks like. Here it is:DSC_0499.jpg

In case you didn't notice, there's no Tachometer in your picture!

Full clusters can fetch $300.

I managed to get one.

It was an option on the cars here, on an econo car, in a time when all cars where manual and everyone knew how to shift by ear.

I will say, having a tach will probably make you realize you have been granny shifting. It did for me, and my friend.

I think what everyone is saying is it can be somewhat uncommon as it was an option and not in every 510 made. It is a collectible item and fills the dash in nicely if you can find one. There were orange and white needle tachs. The orange needle is the most uncommon because it was only made for the '73 510.

Welcome to Ratsun Mr. Oracle.

Wow better check which tach I have , are you guys forgetting that there is a factory sub harness to coil and all current runs through tach and back to dist.if tach is complete , I am getting rid of mine later because they do not work with SR20 s and I am not gutting to make look right ,just need a tach ,but sr has limiter at 6200 I think !anyway hardly ever hit rev limiter .

Factory tach is indeed neat, but $30 at a local warehouse gets you a better quality functional tach.  Because race car.  And also because I'm not spending $200, $300, or $400 on a 40 year old tachometer.  New maybe.  Overrated unless you're going for full stock.