denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DONATED CANBY TRUCK PARTS

PARTS :                                      DONATED BY :

FRONT BRAKES & KINGS ........................................................................ mklotz70

SEAT ............................................................................................................ ratdat3

TRANSPORTATION ................................................................................... eagle_adam

DASH BOARD ............................................................................................ uberkevin

IGNITION SYSTEM .................................................................................... charlie69

FRONT BUMPER ........................................................................................ eagle_adam

TRANSPORTATION ..................................................................................... fastdadd

FRONT TURN LENSES ............................................................................... skyblue

POWDER COATING ..................................................................................... jrock4224

HOOD ........................................................................................................... jester

KNOBS & SHIFTER ...................................................................................... mattndew76

521 TRUCK .................................................................................................. datslocos & denmarkboy

INFORMATION AND SUPPORT .................................................................. ratsun 

EVENT & RAFFLE ................................................................................................ datsuns northwest

PAYPAL & TOWING ............................................................................................ bowtie towing

BUILD BOARD & GRAPHICS ........................................................................... the graphics shop

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE :   Tbowtie@comcast.net

please make donations as a gift , to avoid 8% fee per transaction.

PAYPAL DONATIONS : 

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU DONATING PARTS AND LABOR .

header-image3_zpsxw6uiqjj.jpg                            674f4a1e-2d87-4617-81ea-5657144c2d80_zps

1397610931_zpsfrrq03zl.png

PARTS STILL NEEDED FOR THE BUILD

14 inch white wall tires                              paint 

steering wheel                                           labor                                        

one hub cap                                              transportation 

door panels

carpet

• Like 1

What size tires are going on the truck?

Sorry if I missed it.

i think 185/75/14 should work just fine on a stock rim . we could go up or down a little , but i think the 195/75/14 is a little big for a factory 521 wheel . 

i am sure we can find some input pretty easy ...... guys ?

• Like 1

They came with 6.00 X 14 tires. so that's about the same as

175/70R14

Diameter............ 23.65"

Width.................. 6.89"

185/75R14

Diameter............. 24.93"

Width................... 7.28"

185/75R14s would be an inch and a half taller. This is about 5.5% out or reads 2.7 MPH faster at 50 MPH

• Like 1

They came with 6.00 X 14 tires. so that's about the same as

175/70R14

Diameter............ 23.65"

Width.................. 6.89"

185/75R14

Diameter............. 24.93"

Width................... 7.28"

185/75R14s would be an inch and a half taller. This is about 5.5% out or reads 2.7 MPH faster at 50 MPH

sounds like we are doin 175/70/14 , thanks mike

• Like 1

I had the same size tired in mine for a while. I liked them. Some people talked smack and said they were too skinny. But I didn't care.

Here are some pics for reference if anyone's interested. At stock height.

DSC02584.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Oh, and I don't have much, but I can donate some $ for tires. Just let me know where to donate.

• Like 4

I'm in for labor.......just need some dates to get off work and head up.....

......I'll camp out if you don't have room......I don't give a fuck......I just want to put in my time on this....

I can check on tire prices tomorrow......I don't get a huge discount but I do get a discount.......

..........mount and balance is a given if I get them............

• Like 3

I just read through this whole thread. This is Awesome! If there is some way I can help out, maybe track down new/rebuilt parts through NAPA, or my other connections in the parts business let me know. I may have a few spare parts from my 521 project.

• Like 3

Also, I don't have a steering wheel, but I do have a horn button and spring i can donate.

DSC00632_zpsd023c08d.jpg

And I know they're not on the list, but I also have a heater blower switch, windshield wiper switch, headlight switch (no knob :( ), headlight bezels and some turn signal lenses somewhere. And extra valve cover,although I'm sure everyone has one or more of these laying around. Lol

• Like 2

I'm in for labor.......just need some dates to get off work and head up.....

......I'll camp out if you don't have room......I don't give a fuck......I just want to put in my time on this....

I can check on tire prices tomorrow......I don't get a huge discount but I do get a discount.......

..........mount and balance is a given if I get them............

thats awesome , we are simple people bro, nothin fancy here , but your always welcome and wwe will find a warm place for ya to crash !

• Like 1

Also, I don't have a steering wheel, but I do have a horn button and spring i can donate.

DSC00632_zpsd023c08d.jpg

And I know they're not on the list, but I also have a heater blower switch, windshield wiper switch, headlight switch (no knob :( ), headlight bezels and some turn signal lenses somewhere. And extra valve cover,although I'm sure everyone has one or more of these laying around. Lol

i have 2 different horn buttons , the steering wheel is gonna be the struggle . It could use some turn signals tho . 

and we already have someone donating custom knobs & shift knob for the build . 

• Like 1

About the tire size.......the stock tires had a 26" diameter.

Aired up on a rim and full tread would put it at a full 26"  I've measured other factory spares....they've all been 26".

100_0199.jpg

here's a thread link......I'm sure there's several more threads about tire size.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/36835-stock-l320-tire-size-decision-made-pics/

• Like 1

With that said, it's pretty hard to find a matching size and quite honestly, I wouldn't want 14" tires with that much side wall.  Maybe the final decision hasn't been made yet, but I was thinking the truck was going to get a 2" drop.  If the stock rims are 5J(5"), you're not going to be able to put a 7" wide tire on.  Also need to decide if they're going to have whitewalls or not......that may limit the selection a bit.

• Like 1

I had the same size tired in mine for a while. I liked them. Some people talked smack and said they were too skinny. But I didn't care.

DSC02584.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Oh, and I don't have much, but I can donate some $ for tires. Just let me know where to donate.

That's about the same tire I have on Mend.  I think something about that size....maybe a hair bigger for load capacity......beauty rings and stock hub caps. 

• Like 2

IMG_0585.jpg

Those are just what we need ,  even if it was lowered 2 inches they would work fine,  i agree with the caps but i would rather have powder coated wheel over a cap and ring 

So wheel choice is :       stock powder coated wheels , 175/70/14 white wall , and caps. 

• Like 5

This is a 6.00-14 I found at a junkyard, it holds air, and I am keeping it as a spare.

SpareTire_zps4e688683.jpg

This is a 205/70 R14 on the back of Ratsun, a daily driver 521.  These tires make the odometer, and speedometer pretty close to actual speed and distance.

NewerWheelTire_zpsc803c193.jpg

The front end of this truck is on stock Datsun wheels, that may or may not have been on a 521, with 175/70 R14 tires.  Putting these tires and wheels on the back made the speedometer read definitely fast.

LowRider_zps209209e8.jpg

This is also how I lower my 521.  A ton of wood pellets.  When I buy the pellets, they make me sign a form, that they are not responsible for vehicle damage for overloading it.

• Like 2

DONATED CANBY TRUCK PARTS

PARTS :                                      DONATED BY :

FRONT BRAKES & KINGS ........................................................................ mklotz70

SEAT ............................................................................................................ ratdat3

TRANSPORTATION ................................................................................... eagle_adam

DASH BOARD ............................................................................................ uberkevin

IGNITION SYSTEM .................................................................................... charlie69

FRONT BUMPER ........................................................................................ eagle_adam

TRANSPORTATION ..................................................................................... fastdadd

FRONT TURN LENSES ............................................................................... skyblue

POWDER COATING ..................................................................................... jrock

HOOD ........................................................................................................... jester

KNOBS & SHIFTER ...................................................................................... mattndew76

521 TRUCK .................................................................................................. datslocos & denmarkboy

INFORMATION AND SUPPORT .................................................................. ratsun 

EVENT & RAFFLE ................................................................................................ datsuns northwest

PAYPAL & TOWING ............................................................................................ bowtie towing

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE :   Tbowtie@comcast.net

please make donations as a gift , to avoid 8% fee per transaction.

PAYPAL DONATIONS : 

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU DONATING PARTS AND LABOR .

PARTS STILL NEEDED FOR THE BUILD

14 inch white wall tires

steering wheel

one hub cap

door panels

carpet

labor

• Like 3