Kalani's '72 DIME

Kalani

ill bet you it slumps harder than the stock one would have hahah truuuuust

nice! Im stoked about this one because once the leather goes, ill rock the wood grain :cool:

I dont think so, I was the 6'3" islander lookin motha fucka in a tank. heard you only showed up at the end of Canby!  :poop:

I bet it does dude I have a bluetooth speaker in my  car as well

• Like 1
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i had a pretty good exhaust leak after the first couple weeks of driving (especially after Canby) and one reason is that the flange isnt perfectly even and Skyblue and I looked at it and a nut was missing! :angel:

IMG_6470_zpsdijhozip.jpg

so the seal was cooked like a motherfucker...

IMG_6473_zps7stioana.jpg

got Mike kinda paranoid about his so he went to peep it lol

IMG_6468_zpsvlil18zn.jpg

• Like 4

Also cleaned these little fuckers up so I can snap my bottom trim pieces back on. They were rusty as fuck!

IMG_6467%201_zpskzpxikel.jpg

popped the trim back on and it looks sick. also since the rack was occupied by Busta, we improvised a little bit so I can reseal the exhaust. 

IMG_6472_zpslzp14s74.jpg

Much quieter now! and less fumey, I was giving my girl headaches haha shes who I wanna make this ride comfy for. Another chill day at the Datsun Life Shop

• Like 8

nice .,... looking good withthe trim on there ... heard u had ignition issues 

None that Im aware about? After the long drive to Canby, the nut came off of my alternator and was juststar running off the battery and kept dying haha before we figured it out, it would start once every 3 or 4 attempts lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

me and busta have kinda talked about making something like a plate from the cross member. it was already leaking a little bit from a much worse hit and the dumbest scrape on a speed bump going slow as hell just let it pour out. 

luckily, busta and skyblue were still at the shop so i got it towed there. gonna take it off and try to close it up. theyre the homies

• Like 4

nah lol I definitely tightened it. the thing is 2" from the asphalt. pshhhh not low enough for damage

in the same boat my dude any lower is suicide, this just lets me know I need to be extra careful cus I don't want this to happen pans already got some dings

• Like 2

while patching up the oil pan (busta has the oics), we took out my bump steer spacers. theyve been too tall which cause rubbing against the wheel so Ill probably get the 1" spacers instead. and raised the coilovers ~3/4" 

IMG_6814_zpsyltyr1qs.jpg

sayonara!

IMG_6816_zpsnuwz87xr.jpg

the man, the myth, the legend

IMG_6817_zpslvm61lh3.jpg

IMG_6819_zpsquepdgq7.jpg

The DMV finally approved of the use of my blue/gold plates!! :thumbup: so the regi is official and got my stickers. but look at this gem from the PO

IMG_6821_zpsnyaockgo.jpg

straight petrified. since it had been so long, it was out of the system and paid 165 bucks to regi it and done. I have AAA so ill never have to go to the dmv for my dime ever again

• Like 4

my banzai car has +25 offset rims and I had to take out my bumpsteer out also as it was a 510 strut. The perch has to be higher as the +25mm 15x7 rim will hit the strut tube. Hsad Icehouse machine the spacer more but still wouldnt work and its in a pile of parts to donate.

280zx you ca run zero offet and the spring perch can be lower

one can cut the threaded colloar also I gues to shorting it up so it dont hit the top

• Like 1

my banzai car has +25 offset rims and I had to take out my bumpsteer out also as it was a 510 strut. The perch has to be higher as the +25mm 15x7 rim will hit the strut tube. Hsad Icehouse machine the spacer more but still wouldnt work and its in a pile of parts to donate.

280zx you ca run zero offet and the spring perch can be lower

one can cut the threaded colloar also I gues to shorting it up so it dont hit the top

sweet thatll help when I get 280zx struts thanks

What?! Kalani how did you get to use the vintage plates? The dmv told me I can't use mine.

does your car have any back fees or anything? My car was "out of the system as far as license plate and vin number go because it hadnt been registered since '89. The day I brought my dime to DMV for a vin verification, they cleared it and wrote the blue/gold plate number down on the verification form. then waited for my turn at the desk and they searched my plate number to see if it had been used and it cleared. You have to have BOTH plates other wise theyll issue you white ones. so they sent my title transfer and vin verification through "special processing" and gave me a red operating permit that was good for 4 months because they said it would take that long to approve. 

and bam, tags in the mail

• Like 2