Kalani's '72 DIME

Kalani

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we can bro down yo!!!!..... ant told me someone was buying those off the wagon.........i can tell u my small tires may look stretched but i have zero rubbing 

Yeeeee!! sweet! It looks sick! I was stoked to see what my dime would look like, but mine is staying chrome. 

• 2 weeks later...

tried getting some oics to see whats under there but it seems the main bar of the wiper linkage moves around, its just those two studs that the wipers mount to seem to be fucked. any tips? ideas? are new ones available if i manage to get them out? sheeeeit

might have to take em out and torch em till they can move  than spray oil after 

I would but I cant even bust those 3 lil nuts that holds the bracket on the other side. i dont wanna have to torch it still attached to the car. hopefully theyll budge with more oil soakage

If you are just trying to get mounting nuts off....

You can heat nut with real torch if use a large fender washer with a hole just bigger than the nut and heat the living shit out of it real quick..

You could also make a shield  that is larger by just drilling a hole into a piece of sheet metal..  DON"T USE TO THIN OF METAL.!!  it will burn right through and torch the paint fast.

• Like 3

There is no way you're going to be able to heat ,,  those aluminum pivots hot enough and cool with penatrating oil or ( just oil )over and over,,  in the car.. 

That shiz is usually locked in a molecular bond only the devil hisself could create.

i did them in my 510 and just did them in my 411

proof

IMG_3268_zps16eq58cx.jpg

• Like 4

this shit was all fucked up an seized

IMG_8308_zpswihepuu1.jpg

IMG_8309_zpsn9xi64ut.jpgIMG_8310_zps6qq25uzi.jpg

soaked em all day in penetrating oil. hopefully i can move shit

i fixed my frozen linkage on sat it was easy ...its amazing how similar our car and there issues are ... take the linkage out and then remove the c clip and i used a press to seperate them ... cleaned lubed and now i have wipers .... and any washintonians know this weekend they were needed .... halloween was like a 4 hour floraida rain storm   with wind .. it was nasty i 5 was a river ,,, 

• Like 2

i fixed my frozen linkage on sat it was easy ...its amazing how similar our car and there issues are ... take the linkage out and then remove the c clip and i used a press to seperate them ... cleaned lubed and now i have wipers .... and any washintonians know this weekend they were needed .... halloween was like a 4 hour floraida rain storm   with wind .. it was nasty i 5 was a river ,,, 

the 3 mounting bolts are frozen really good, and the wiper stud. how did you break those loose? I dont wanna break em off because im pretty sure the 3 bolts are riveted or some shit to the bracket.