Kalani's '72 DIME

Kalani

on 510 struts you weld the new perch at the same place where the old one when you run +25mm 15x7s. If 6in you can get away with maybe a lower prech.

also I went to a 7 inch tall spring instead of the standard 8 inch otherwise I wouldnt get the Rake look i wanted,

But with 280zx you have 3/4inch inward of rim movment. But a 0 offset rim in back might cut it close and fenders might need pulling it you want the same dish rim look.

I dont know if a +12,15 will work up front on a 280zx or come close to the strut or the collor if the perch is lower. Just beware.

• Like 1
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kalani. My situation is different I guess. I have two 510s one that has been recently totaled that has the blue plates and the white 510 that I just bought which has the newer white plates. So when I went to register the white one in my name I told them I would like to put the blue plates from the yellow one onto the white one. They told me I can't do that. They couldn't tell me why I can't. They just told me to buy the blue repops whenever they're available.

Kalani. My situation is different I guess. I have two 510s one that has been recently totaled that has the blue plates and the white 510 that I just bought which has the newer white plates. So when I went to register the white one in my name I told them I would like to put the blue plates from the yellow one onto the white one. They told me I can't do that. They couldn't tell me why I can't. They just told me to buy the blue repops whenever they're available.

ah busta nut had the same issue. Id call special processing and see what they say 916 657 8035. 

You won't be able to use the plates until they have fallen out of the system.......

......I tried to use the plates from my Z and they said I couldn't becuz it was still "in use"........

• Like 1

my banzai car has +25 offset rims and I had to take out my bumpsteer out also as it was a 510 strut. The perch has to be higher as the +25mm 15x7 rim will hit the strut tube. Hsad Icehouse machine the spacer more but still wouldnt work and its in a pile of parts to donate.

280zx you ca run zero offet and the spring perch can be lower

one can cut the threaded colloar also I gues to shorting it up so it dont hit the top

I've got 15x7 +25s on mine... With stock 510 struts... But I am not as low as you, also with my 205s I need a 10mm spacer to clear the strut housing. Definitely something I am going to need to pay attention to when I go to coil overs

when you rip out the drain plug 

YOU MIGHT BE TO LOW  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

you guys need skid plates 

save the pans and the heartache 

• Like 5

Dude! You're not supposed to admit to having one, let alone showing it online!! That's why I worded it as a suggestion lol. I'm not allowed to say whether or not I have one.

If I did have one, no one would know about it :)

I bought it at a yard sale