RIP Robin Williams

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude could bring joy to everyone but himself I guess. He and Walter Mathau played together in "The Survivors" in 1983. Williams plays a yuppie who gets fired and then is robbed in a diner while talking to Mathau. Jerry Reed is the robber and the affair turns Williams into an assault rifle toting survivalist. It's kinda obscure but if you can scrounge up a copy it's funny as hell!

"WHAT KIND OF MAN GIVES CIGARETTES TO TREES!?!"

RIP, dude :crying:.

• Like 3

Wanna see the pics ;)

But think about it, how would you like every time you go out, a guy with a camera getting in your face. sure for years you could probally deal with it, but after as many as him, it would have to get old.  Never having true privacy would blow. 

I think getting older was especially hard for him.
I remember seeing a story about a year ago about him dating young women (in their 20's) and riding around LA on fixed gear bikes.

RIP, Mork/ Mrs Doubtfire/ Patch/ etc

If he would have died any other way,,, any other way,,,,,,,, he gave up.

i do not respect that.

:)

I'm sorry Banana, but this time you are in the wrong for saying that.

Robin had a severe case of Manic Depression or BiPolar, as they call it today.  My brother suffers from something similar.  When you saw Robin in shows or on the stage, he was obviously in his "High" frame of mind.  I'm guessing with as excited as he was most of the time, he must have had some VERY low times.  This one, just got the better of him.  It's not something he could control easily, and it SURELY doesn't mean he "GAVE UP".

• Like 1

If he would have died any other way,,, any other way,,,,,,,, he gave up.

i do not respect that.

:)

I'm not sure how I feel about it. But he had kids he bailed on. So his X and his kids have to deal with it. that's the part that sucks the most. He took the easy way out.

• Like 1

Being a ex "high" personality as you describe ,, trust me it is very hard to be happy without it as a crutch.. . But if i had more millions in the bank than anyone of us can even phatom ,, i believe a weekend / months in some exotic local being waited on by nubile scantily clothed women ,, probably isn't as hard as some of us get through life.

He struck me as always working hard to be funny unless they were lines of a script. Ad lib always seemed... desperate to please, forced, on the edge of panic to turn out something funny. And funny he was, no doubt about it.  I always felt bad for him when I saw this. Some comedians roll with it when they ad lib but he seemed to be in a panic. Is he really chased down the streets these days? He hasn't done many movies or TV in the last 10? years has he. I thought he was somewhat retired and off the public's radar.

I liked him in Good Will Hunting. 

he was incredibly funny and will be missed by many 

Rest in peace Robin 

This is a sad way to go and I dont understand suicide at all 

it must be a really bad day when you are as funny as he was and you end your own life this way 

my condolences go out to everyone who knew him on a personal level 

I will always remember mork and miss doubtfire as well as many other roles he played 

more info about him here

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CB8QqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2014%2F08%2F11%2Fshowbiz%2Frobin-williams-dead%2F&ei=pF7pU5jqAarIiwKW2oCQBg&usg=AFQjCNF0S9FFzFgj0btiHzVQkQoKoATMEg