• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

How did these policies like Reagan's or Clinton's affect you personally?

general question for everyone.

I remember when Reagan was in office the company i worked for had about 15 employees when i started.The company grew substantially to about 150 employees.I was able to work my way up the ladder to better pay and position.I also remember that there wasnt a lot of complaining about politics in the workplace.It seemed like America was in a good place.I dont have anything bad to say about Clinton,things seemed pretty good during his run also.My work was steady even after a career change.I went from a production supervisor to a construction trade and almost doubled my pay.I guess neither of their policies affected me in a negative way that i can remember.I liked them both.

• Like 1

things went downhill after 911. a paragraph from an article i just found

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda 
The U.S. Military Bombs in the Twenty-First Century 
By Tom Engelhardt

Here’s my twenty-first-century rule of thumb about this country: if you have to say it over and over, it probably ain’t so. Which is why I’d think twice every time we’re told how “exceptional” or “indispensable” the United States is. For someone like me who can still remember a moment when Americans assumed that was so, but no sitting president, presidential candidate, or politician felt you had to say the obvious, such lines reverberate with defensiveness. They seem to incorporate other voices you can almost hear whispering that we’re ever less exceptional, more dispensable, no longer (to quote the greatest of them all by his own estimate) “the greatest.” In this vein, consider a commonplace line running around Washington (as it has for years): the U.S. military is “the finest fighting force in the history of the world.” Uh, folks, if that’s so, then why the hell can’t it win a damn thing 14-plus years later?

The best part about politics in the US.....in the view of liberals theres ALWAYS some sort of conspiracy behind EVERY Republican, however...democrats are ALWAYS to be trusted NO MATTER WHAT....

Bill Clinton had sexual allegations way before becoming president......became president and one of his highlights WAS a sex scandal....who would of thought, he was so clean cut and charming!!!

Barack Obama....had questionable relationships with leaders of communist party and ties to anti American groups......ran as a trustworthy and transparency agenda.....became president and single handedly abolished constitutional laws and got caught many times over lying to the American people and using intelligence tools to spy not only our people but allies too.....who would of thought!!! Shocking!!!!

Lets vote for Hillary!!!, all those republicans are shady!!!!

This my friends IS libtard mentality at its FINEST.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

things went downhill after 911. a paragraph from an article i just found

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda 

The U.S. Military Bombs in the Twenty-First Century 

By Tom Engelhardt

Here’s my twenty-first-century rule of thumb about this country: if you have to say it over and over, it probably ain’t so. Which is why I’d think twice every time we’re told how “exceptional” or “indispensable” the United States is. For someone like me who can still remember a moment when Americans assumed that was so, but no sitting president, presidential candidate, or politician felt you had to say the obvious, such lines reverberate with defensiveness. They seem to incorporate other voices you can almost hear whispering that we’re ever less exceptional, more dispensable, no longer (to quote the greatest of them all by his own estimate) “the greatest.” In this vein, consider a commonplace line running around Washington (as it has for years): the U.S. military is “the finest fighting force in the history of the world.” Uh, folks, if that’s so, then why the hell can’t it win a damn thing 14-plus years later?

We can't win a war because the U S tries to make it sterile and use "surgical" strikes, we won WWII by bombing the shit out of Germany and Japan and were not concerned about how many civilians were killed. War is not supposed to be clean and neat, supposed to inflict damage to the people and the country side, cause disease, famine, and just make life miserable. the reason it should be avoided

• Like 6

Choosing a side is nothing more than putting blinders on. Dems and Reps are defined by who finances their party. 

Lets play a littel game, what party says what and who pays for it?

"Global Warming is the greatest danger to world stability"

"The common worker is the back bone of our economy"

"Paid leave, universal healthcare, razing the minimum wage, and organized labor make the nation stronger"

This message is paid for by:

United Auto Workers

Carpenter's Union

Sheet Metal Workers Union

Iron Workers Union

Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Union

Operating Engineers Union

American Postal Workers Union

Laborers Union

Metal and Allied Workers Union

United Stealworkers

"Global Warming is a scientific hoax"

"Corporations ability to compete in the free market is the engine of our economy"

"Paid Leave, universal healthcare, razing the minimum wage, and organized labor make the nation weaker"

This message is paid for by:

Blue Cross/Blue Shield

National Auto Dealers Association

Exonn Mobal

Pfizer

Glaxo Smith Kline

Eli Lilly

Chevron

GM

Ford

Koch Industries

• Like 1