I hate to see Boeing moving more and more out of Washington but I don't blame them

I agree!! 

I honestly believe that if you have federal contracts that have national security risks, that you cannot employ 501 C 3 visa holders, nor can you move your manufacturing outside the united states ever.

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Manufacturing usually relocates to an area of low cost of living. Generally these places offer local tax incentives to move in and provide work for the population. I know a lot of people who have taken other professions just because they didn't want to leave the home they grew up in. Things like this at times shape people's desire to migrate or stand pat. Good thing about manufacturing is its an on the job education system. So entry level may be $15.00 an hour but has the potential to grow upwards to $35-$45.00 an hour even in LCOL areas. The person has to have the desire to better their skill set within a company. From years of experience you don't see many people try to eccel. Instead they rely on cost of living increases. I had to terminate positions because of this type of work outlook. 

Right now there is a manufacturing boom going on in the midwest. Its also becoming the tech capital of the USA because of how much California has regulated itself into the most toxic manufacturing environment. Its been a slow exit though. If you have places like Texas offering relocation bonuses then it shouldn't take long to drain California and west coast states of all manufacturing forever. 

Sorry Matt, but I have to call you on this one. The Mid West is becoming the "tech capital of the USA"? First off manufacturing and assembling a few high tech products does not a tech capital make. Second, the output of California factories has grew 73% during the last 15 years . That's twice as fast as the rest of the nation. In 2013, manufacturing investment in the state surged at its fastest pace in 20 years.

Texas has been offing tax incentives, relocation bonuses, and free balling environmental standards to California manufacturing businesses for decades. Hell, they even turned our power off with Enron's help trying to take companies away and bring them back there. At the peak of Enron's power shut downs, the texas state commerce (not capitalized as a sign of absolute disrespect) ran billboard and newspaper adds in the Bay Area inviting California companies to "Come to Texas, we have plenty of power here." I'm not joking, those cowgirl pussies actually did that. Texas has lost it's dignity trying to shanghai California's tech. Now that oil is in decline, Tex has shit his size 48" waste Lee jeans, and that fucker's starting to stink.

The places that pay this are usually the companies that make assembly line automation usually. The positions that pay $35.00-$40.00 an hour are top pay for cross trained machine abilities, Programming, and solid model creation ability. The more human skills you have the more a company is willing to pay to keep you. A person who comes in to be an operator and only stagnate will never achieve that value.

Programming, and solid model creation ability sounds like a college educated BS in product engineering. 

Here's a question. Why in the hell are our colleges filled with foreign students, and why are US companies hiring so many people from outside the country? Is it because we think education isn't important?

Sorry Matt, but I have to call you on this one. The Mid West is becoming the "tech capital of the USA"? First off manufacturing and assembling a few high tech products does not a tech capital make. Second, the output of California factories has grew 73% during the last 15 years . That's twice as fast as the rest of the nation. In 2013, manufacturing investment in the state surged at its fastest pace in 20 years.

Texas has been offing tax incentives, relocation bonuses, and free balling environmental standards to California manufacturing businesses for decades. Hell, they even turned our power off with Enron's help trying to take companies away and bring them back there. At the peak of Enron's power shut downs, the texas state commerce (not capitalized as a sign of absolute disrespect) ran billboard and newspaper adds in the Bay Area inviting California companies to "Come to Texas, we have plenty of power here." I'm not joking, those cowgirl pussies actually did that. Texas has lost it's dignity trying to shanghai California's tech. Now that oil is in decline, Tex has shit his size 48" waste Lee jeans, and that fucker's starting to stink.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-24/go-midwest-young-techie-silicon-valley-too-pricey-for-startups

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-california-manufacturing-20150120-story.html

http://www.spectrumlocationsolutions.com/pdf/Businesses-Leave-California-.pdf

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/business/20160617/new-jobs-report-shows-continued-trend-of-manufacturing-jobs-leaving-la-for-inland-empire

You can call BS all you want but manufacturing is my profession, and has been for 22 years. I follow the trends and watch where opportunities start to become apparent. Right now currently the best place to become employed with my skill sets and live comfortably are within the midwest. California is not going to be what it used to be as far as the mecha of precision manufacturing. This boat has sailed. 

The link is an example of Tech. I can mail you my current engineering solutions magazine talking about the same migration of tech manufacturing. 

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/06/26/Manufacturing-Gathers-Steam-Midwest

here is an example from 2013 of companies reshoring back to the USA.

http://www.economist.com/news/special-report/21569570-growing-number-american-companies-are-moving-their-manufacturing-back-united

Programming, and solid model creation ability sounds like a college educated BS in product engineering. 

Here's a question. Why in the hell are our colleges filled with foreign students, and why are US companies hiring so many people from outside the country? Is it because we think education isn't important?

All of these skills are on the job training or Community College level training. You do not have take all the liberal arts classes as prerequisites for these specialized fields. If you are applying for the specific position of Engineer then yes the credential is needed. For fixture design and Solid modeling from 2D prints is not required to have any degreed credential. Just the knowledge of the software systems and experience with fixture holdings. 

• Like 3

I hate to see Boeing moving more and more out of Washington but I don't blame them

Think you mentioned ford, trucks before .. now moving small cars to mex , and big trucks back to MI more value and profit

China actually going to manufacture in Africa, that's why they are building road. Import tax loophole

Did the Bill having sex with 13yo get brought up here yet? I didn't read every post. From what I've heard the Israelis have a copy of the video feom ol pedofile island of B-willy with a 13yo, I got the story second hand and have researched a source, but my step day has nothing but time to listen to/read/watch everything political, especially against the Clintons.

This ship is sinking, and the crew is telling everyone that everything is all right.

And you can bet your ass that they have their life boat secured and ready to go, while like the Titanic, there are not enough life boats for everyone, as the rest of us are 3rd class.

• Like 3

Did draker get removed from the Internet?....

Been off making America wet again. In LA last night, it rained.

In redding right now. Pouring rain.

I'll be back in action full time tomorrow evening.. in the mean time, I'll post a few findings from today.

• Like 1

Did the Bill having sex with 13yo get brought up here yet? I didn't read every post. From what I've heard the Israelis have a copy of the video feom ol pedofile island of B-willy with a 13yo, I got the story second hand and have researched a source, but my step day has nothing but time to listen to/read/watch everything political, especially against the Clintons.

Not yet. Anonymous claims to have a copy of this. Also FBI anon on 4chan claims major fireworks will happen starting November 1st.

• Like 1

We the people - fucked

We the People let ourselves get fucked. This shit did not just happen overnight, what we are seeing the culmination of 100 years of government incrementalism. The 16th amend., irs, atf, etc., were already in the works during Wilson's presidency. Our great-great grandparents should have burned Washington to the ground in the summer of 1913.

Now, We the People are at the end, the illusion of an elected government is over. 

• Like 1