The only hope I have for the 2016 election is that my kids will start cleaning their rooms without having to be asked. Merca's level of fucked goes far deeper that what ever fool they got propped up  in the oval office. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Get's it? "The process is simple: You file a tax return, and the government sends you a check." The government picks up the bill for businesses who don't want to pay a living wage. Sounds like the American people are paying to benefit corporations to me.

Get's it? "The process is simple: You file a tax return, and the government sends you a check." The government picks up the bill for businesses who don't want to pay a living wage. Sounds like the American people are paying to benefit corporations to me.

Para you have run a business before and currently. You know how taxes work.

You have to have income in order to be eligible for a tax credit to come back to you. If in a set income bracket you get all of your yearly federal tax paid back to you (credit). It doesn't acceed what you paid in for the year. It's a deduction that can cover 100% of your federal taxes paid.

Corporations do not qualify for a tax credit. Individuals under a set poverty income level do.

How did you get that it's a cop out for corporations?

• Like 2

Look a little deeper Matt.  No one making $8 an hour is going to earn enough to have any of their income withheld, so the actual "benefit" of Buffit's proposal is moot. 40hr a week at $8 an hour X4, X12= $15,360 a year, and that is still below the household income poverty line. The earned income tax credit would be $390. If McDonalds is not willing to pay a living wage than the government (we) have to pick up the tab on the back end ie, low income housing, food stamps, etc. The Wallmart benefits packet under healthcare says "See Medicare". We pay for that, not the corporation who's taxed at a fraction of what I pay, and who's profits are hidden in off shore accounts. 

Look a little deeper Matt.  No one making $8 an hour is going to earn enough to have any of their income withheld, so the actual "benefit" of Buffit's proposal is moot. 40hr a week at $8 an hour X4, X12= $15,360 a year, and that is still below the household income poverty line. The earned income tax credit would be $390. If McDonalds is not willing to pay a living wage than the government (we) have to pick up the tab on the back end ie, low income housing, food stamps, etc. The Wallmart benefits packet under healthcare says "See Medicare". We pay for that, not the corporation who's taxed at a fraction of what I pay, and who's profits are hidden in off shore accounts. 

Its pointless sometimes.

• Like 2