• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minute wait.

They create jobs in countries other than USA like China or Malaysia.

Giving less and less to no jobs to US citizens whilst avoiding as much tax as possible (legally and illegally) so that they have more and everyone else has less.

4 minute wait.

Giving less and less to no jobs to US citizens whilst avoiding as much tax as possible (legally and illegally) so that they have more and everyone else has less.

yeah, there's also no EPA and OSHA overseas to over-regulate them and less IRS confiscatory powers over there to drain their profits. do those workers make lower wages? sure but those wages are still above the average in their country. hell, an American's money doesn't go as far as it did twenty years ago but an illegal Latin American worker can enter into the country and double their wages at an entry level laborer job.

are corporations greedy? absolutely but the cocksuckers in government who cause us (U.S.) to work until April 24 just to make enough to pay our taxes are just as greedy but produce less employment opportunities!

all these $15 minimum wage folks want the employer to pony up the dough but haven't said dick about the feds cutting taxes to put more cash in the pockets of low wage earners. you wanna scare the hell out of the feds!?! keep the minimum wage as is but tie it to no taxation at that level. the bean counters in DC would piss their 48 waist Dockers with the balloon seat and give you fifty million reasons why we can't "afford" to do it.

• Like 5

Here is just some of what the E.P.A. does;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Superfund_sites

Maybe you have seen the movie "A Civil Action" which came out a few years ago starring John Travolta?

At the time this was occurring, I grew up one town over and distinctly remember not being able to drink the tapwater in my town for fear of death inducing cancer as the groundwater had been contaminated by trichloroethylene which is a chemical used in the tanning industry.

A cancer cluster did surface in that area (Woburn, Ma.).

Due to the lawsuits brought forward by the Environmental Protection Agency, W.R. Grace and Beatrice Foods were eventually forced to pay for the largest chemical cleanup in the history of the Northeastern United States at that time (1988).

Corporations cannot be trusted to police themselves period, I don't mind paying taxes for this government service and others which protect my health and way of life.

Personally I like my family and I being able to breathe clean air, have clean water and not worry about some as@#hat dumping hexavalent chromium on the down low.

If some people don't maybe they should go and try living in some third world s#$%hole (like Mexico) and learn how much they take for granted here in the U.S.

Death and taxes are the two certainties of life, deal with it.

4 minute wait.

No cigar.

• Like 1

Here is just some of what the E.P.A. does;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Superfund_sites

Maybe you have seen the movie "A Civil Action" which came out a few years ago starring John Travolta?

At the time this was occurring, I grew up one town over and distinctly remember not being able to drink the tapwater in my town for fear of death inducing cancer as the groundwater had been contaminated by trichloroethylene which is a chemical used in the tanning industry.

A cancer cluster did surface in that area (Woburn, Ma.).

Do to the lawsuits brought forward by the Environmental Protection Agency, W.R. Grace and Beatrice Foods were eventually forced to pay for the largest chemical cleanup in the history of the Northeastern United States at that time (1988).

Corporations cannot be trusted to police themselves period, I don't mind paying taxes for this government service and others which protect my health and way of life.

Personally I like my family and I being able to breathe clean air, have clean water and not worry about some as@#hat dumping hexavalent chromium on the down low.

If some people don't maybe they should go and try living in some third world s#$%hole (like Mexico) and learn how much they take for granted here in the U.S.

Death and taxes are the two certainties of life, deal with it.

The EPA should be abolished.

• Like 1

The EPA should be abolished.

I don't agree, but now that you are here I have a question for you.

Surely you must have read this thread a week or so ago when the topic of discussion was labor unions?

Most of the comments were anti-union.

As an employee of the railroad you have some of the best unions in the U.S.( so I have read).

Why don't you give us a snapshot of what it's like working in your union job?

DHP- Railroad unions are an aberration in the total "union picture"(Sorry best term I could come up with).They are needed, as railroads, after they hire you expend tremendous effort to fire you.

Example: If I'm on the ground at the back end of an 8000ft long train setting out the rear car and I tell the Engineer to take it ahead 5 cars and he runs thru a de-rail or gets past a Red Signal/joint-I get fired right along with him, because we are supposed to be a "team", even though I'm 1.5 miles from the incident.

So you get pulled out of "service". You are entitled to a "hearing". So you need "representation". This is where the union comes in. Some times you win the hearing and are put back to work with back pay. Sometimes you lose and are fired for a period of time(anywhere from 15 days to 60 days).

So in railroading unions are a necessary evil.The UTU sold us down the river at the last contract negotiations and the BLE became affiliated with the Teamsters.

As to unions themselves,I hate them.But here I have no choice. Having said this,I actually hold two union positions-Sgt. At arms and Steward for issues at our away-from-home terminals.Why do I do this?One it benefits my co-workers and two it gives me carte blanche to mother fook the unions at will.

• Like 1

DHP- Railroad unions are an aberration in the total "union picture"(Sorry best term I could come up with).They are needed, as railroads, after they hire you expend tremendous effort to fire you.

Example: If I'm on the ground at the back end of an 8000ft long train setting out the rear car and I tell the Engineer to take it ahead 5 cars and he runs thru a de-rail or gets past a Red Signal/joint-I get fired right along with him, because we are supposed to be a "team", even though I'm 1.5 miles from the incident.

So you get pulled out of "service". You are entitled to a "hearing". So you need "representation". This is where the union comes in. Some times you win the hearing and are put back to work with back pay. Sometimes you lose and are fired for a period of time(anywhere from 15 days to 60 days).

So in railroading unions are a necessary evil.The UTU sold us down the river at the last contract negotiations and the BLE became affiliated with the Teamsters.

As to unions themselves,I hate them.But here I have no choice. Having said this,I actually hold two union positions-Sgt. At arms and Steward for issues at our away-from-home terminals.Why do I do this?One it benefits my co-workers and two it gives me carte blanche to mother fook the unions at will.

That is great first person experience and testimony.

Thanks.

• Like 1

4 minute wait.

Its not that simple.

• Like 1

How do they get rich WITHOUT creating jobs?

I'll wait.

They invest where they will get a return on the investment. No one invests to loose money. Investing money does not assure that jobs will be created. You might invest in commodities like precious metals, money itself, art and so on.

Companies (that actually make something) that have investors are driven to turn a profit for them so that their stock goes up. They are not human so morality plays no part in their decisions. They go where the money (make more or save more) leads them. Make it cheaper and better. Labor?? Cheaper and better.   

• Like 1

By investing in companies you give them spending capital thus they increase products and services...somewhere along the line those investments do create jobs....it's simple economics.

In today's warped scene, the newly invested capital is all too often distributed as "special dividends" to attract newly gullible investors!  Untimately you/they cannot buy enough stupid trend followers [and their equally stupid broker advisors] and the company goes belly up.

In today's warped scene, the newly invested capital is all too often distributed as "special dividends" to attract newly gullible investors!  Untimately you/they cannot buy enough stupid trend followers [and their equally stupid broker advisors] and the company goes belly up.

I agree the amount of capital making it to new jobs isn't good....but nonetheless some does.