First Nissan, now Toyota

Thanks to the wise leaders who run California, we can now count Toyota as another company who announced they are moving out of state, and taking 5000-plus jobs with them.  They are moving to Plano, TX.

I know a few Ratsun folks who are probably going to be affected, and not in a good way...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, the way jobs are drying up you would think the states that have them would do what they could to hold on to them. I am a California native and started my Banking career in downtown Los Angeles. That field went from 30-50 jobs per branch to 4-15 on average...pretty sad. The Banking jobs and I would assume the Nissan/Toyota/Honda jobs are decent pay with a good benefits package. 

I understand the no pollution reasoning, but unless a person is self supportive (garden, sewing, wood heat..etc) on a piece of land they own free and clear they better have a decent job to survive, especially in an expensive state.

My two cents anyway

• Like 2

I understand the no pollution reasoning, but unless a person is self supportive (garden, sewing, wood heat..etc) on a piece of land they own free and clear they better have a decent job to survive, especially in an expensive state.

My two cents anyway

Knowing California, they'll ban fertilizer, needles(safety hazard), and put a tax on the smoke from your chimney soon too.  

Toyota already had plants here, they're just expanding.  The employees who are losing their jobs are free to come to Texas.  The only downside is they'll have to get used to not having the state stuck up their asses all of the time.  Oh yeah, and the taxes.  It'll be weird for them to not pay them.

Our only stipulation is that the hippies go to Austin.  It's like our mini Cali.

• Like 2

If I didn't still have my Mom to look after I would pack my shit and move to Texas or Okla. With the industry I cater too I would do pretty well there.

But I just don't like the weather there.

• Like 1

Knowing California, they'll ban fertilizer, needles(safety hazard), and put a tax on the smoke from your chimney soon too.  

Toyota already had plants here, they're just expanding.  The employees who are losing their jobs are free to come to Texas.  The only downside is they'll have to get used to not having the state stuck up their asses all of the time.  Oh yeah, and the taxes.  It'll be weird for them to not pay them.

Our only stipulation is that the hippies go to Austin.  It's like our mini Cali.

Austin I always thought was the mini California were all the so called Rebublicans moved to.I know it is the the new Silicon Valley.

It's a strange place.  There is live music on nearly every block and hippies all over.  Then there's the capitol building that looks just like the one in DC, but slightly taller. Then you get outside of town and you're almost immediately in rural farming communities.  I love to visit for a weekend, but I don't know if I'd like living there. Kind of like a zoo.

Austin I always thought was the mini California were all the so called Rebublicans moved to.I know it is the the new Silicon Valley.

As far as Texas climates and terrain goes, as long as you're not looking for arctic tundra or mountain tops, we pretty much have it all.  Deserts in the south and west, plains in the north, hills through the middle, pine forests in the east, and swamps in the southeast.

I was wondering about you. :bye:  :crying:  :hug:  :no:  :mad:

...Yea,  we need to figure out how to handle the father-in-law in the nursing home.  The relocation benefits are huge.  I hope I can make this all work out (with the wife), otherwise??????????

Everyone that is older than me in my family is from Oklahoma,  the place is horrible.

Same here. My Grandparents packed up the kids in an old ass Chevy and drove out here in the 1930's. My Dad always said they were just like the family in the movie Grapes of Wrath.

And I have been back there many times (Okla) . Freakin hate it. But Texas would be my first choice, But just from the making money stand point.

As far as Texas climates and terrain goes, as long as you're not looking for arctic tundra or mountain tops, we pretty much have it all.  Deserts in the south and west, plains in the north, hills through the middle, pine forests in the east, and swamps in the southeast.

And roaches the size of a small rat that know how to fly and more than happy to show you.

And as far as California, from the fault line west could slide into the sea and not many would notice on the eastern side unless it interfered with them getting coffee... Like Detroit, going belly up because they cannot survive much longer and they are doing nothing to stop it other than raising taxes even more. Can a whole state get a bailout??

Guest Rick-rat

Aside from the fucked up government in Ca., how much did union demands help them choose to leave. The idiots at Boeing figured out the union was going to put the fuck to the workers at the last minute