4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

yup that happened i was headed to get a towel to cleanup where i drooled on jephs valve cover 

haha i thought i seen that on there i forgot to ask you man where did you get the heat reflective liner on your hood from and how does it stick to the hood?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha i thought i seen that on there i forgot to ask you man where did you get the heat reflective liner on your hood from and how does it stick to the hood?

my trucks the green one .,.,. the red truck is a friends and he gt it off ebay ... its got adhesive backing 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

okay so little update on the car.

Transmission bearings are toast, i ordered a new rebuild kit now gotta try to find a write up on how to take the trans apart and assemble.

Of course the one thing on the whole car i did not rebuild is bad lol.

Still only running on a basemap since the place i took it to get tuned did not know how to use my software.

trying to get the trans fixed before the next meet at griots garage for the old school reunion, if not then ill drive it like it is and baby it down there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jeph,

I was just trolling around looking for info about oil catch cans and ran across your question about the BKR7E spark plugs at http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=61891#p526045

Did you ever find which spark plugs to be used?

Funny thing is, I have a box of those plugs sitting on my bench waiting to be bolted in.  I bought a 71 510 wagon about 6 weeks ago which already had a NA KA24E swap done.  After getting it home (trailered it), we found alot of things that needed fixing or that could have been done better.  In the process I ordered the 240SX turbo kit from CXRacing and am still working the install.  I wish I found this thread first, you have some nifty install tweaks I would have liked to incorporate (like the turbo clocking).

• Like 1

Hey Jeph,

I was just trolling around looking for info about oil catch cans and ran across your question about the BKR7E spark plugs at http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=61891#p526045

Did you ever find which spark plugs to be used?

Funny thing is, I have a box of those plugs sitting on my bench waiting to be bolted in.  I bought a 71 510 wagon about 6 weeks ago which already had a NA KA24E swap done.  After getting it home (trailered it), we found alot of things that needed fixing or that could have been done better.  In the process I ordered the 240SX turbo kit from CXRacing and am still working the install.  I wish I found this thread first, you have some nifty install tweaks I would have liked to incorporate (like the turbo clocking).

The plugs work great and ive had no problems with them and a few of the ka-t guys ive met in person all use the same plugs. They are the same plug alot of turbo honda people use also they work great for turbo applications.

so i got my windows tinted so i can hide the ugly insides for now lol i actually love it i dont feel so awkward when everyone is staring at me at the stop lights and stuff lol.

20150926_121600_zpsyqc3bsga.jpg

also entered it in a show if anyone is bored and feels like voting go check it out.

http://www.thefoat.com/Jeph/ride/Datsun/510/1970/ride_id-CKHAUtJZmVPnCuVC49TSsg%3D%3D/%5D

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Damn man I just found this build. Fantastic. I love how you just kept plugging away at it. And how resourceful you were. Taking extra jobs, helping out your folks, just kept pressing on. You know there has been alot in the news about about successful people having 'grit'. THat thing that just doesn't let them give up, even if the odds are against them. Your thread is a shining example of that. Good on you.

• Like 1

Damn man I just found this build. Fantastic. I love how you just kept plugging away at it. And how resourceful you were. Taking extra jobs, helping out your folks, just kept pressing on. You know there has been alot in the news about about successful people having 'grit'. THat thing that just doesn't let them give up, even if the odds are against them. Your thread is a shining example of that. Good on you.

Thanks man i really appreciate it, its been tough i cant count how many times ive said "F*ck it im sellin it" lol knowing i have about 5 friends willing to buy it asap but i stuck it out and figured everything out and im glad i did.

i may have not done some stuff the way people say you have to do it as but im happy with it and thats all that matters to me.

well currently have a driveline problem apparently they made the driveline one inch shorter then my measurement so that it would not bind up when the differential moves up and down....

well thats cool and all of them to do that but on a 510 the differential is bolted to the car and does not move at all lol so now my driveline is one inch too short so i need to take it off and take it back to get redone i hope they dont try to charge me a bunch since it was their fault.

20151101_155747_zpsolrmwwfj.jpg

Wait, wait ,,,,,,,, whoooooah waaaaaaaaaaait a minute there ,,, i thought you were Ok ,, A number one,,, with drivelines that are to short to possibly work ?? Or is that only on "show" trucks ??

I never said it was OK I said that it would have worked until it was replaced, calm it down man bun.

And the driveline shop fucked it up by making it shorter than the given measurement.

• Like 1