4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

well got the psi problem fixed, turned out my hks bov is held in my a snap ring and the snap ring wasnt seated all the way to boost pressure was leaking out of the seal. fixed it and holds 10psi great now, heres a little video from 50mph roll to 120 rolling into 4th and hitting 5th

• Like 4
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay so current things on my list to do is...

Find some 280zx front struts which i cant find anywhere!! they must be banned in washington or something lol

try to find energy suspension bushings for the mustache bar on the differential since i found out mine barely has any rubber left..

figure out how to wire an external cut off switch to make the car die, i want to run it at the drag strip but since my battery is in the trunk they want a working cut off switch on the outside of the car that will kill it when its running. (which i think will be a pain since i need to cut the alternator power wire and the battery power wire somehow)

but mainly Brakes Brakes Brakes! lol

• Like 1

figure out how to wire an external cut off switch to make the car die, i want to run it at the drag strip but since my battery is in the trunk they want a working cut off switch on the outside of the car that will kill it when its running. (which i think will be a pain since i need to cut the alternator power wire and the battery power wire somehow)

Do you need to cut "power" or just kill the engine?

Took the car to the strip today and did way better then i was expecting!

Time%20slip%20for%2013.4%20run_zpsmblb4v

on the sucky side my tranny is TOAST the bearings in it are soo loud... i can never win with these things.. this will be my 3rd one, next one is gunna be a no mile brand new one i dont care what it cost.

• Like 2

I was shifting at 5500 it doesnt really make power after 5500 and had to use 5th or else i would have redlined 4th for a while. I need a longer tranny or a different diff.

I believe its 3.90 diff and ka/sr hybrid trans.

• Like 1

getting a new transmission tomarrow from a Mint low mile s14 that my uncle bought from original owner with all service records and always flushed it on time so pretty happy about that.

then its on to seeing if i can get this thing on like 14lbs of boost and try to get into 12s on my Chinese street tires lol

Got my new transmission!

while taking my old one out i noticed my front ujoint on my brand new 1 week old driveline was going bad so i replaced that along with new output seals on the new tranny so i should have no more leaks or vibrations (keeping my fingers crossed).

Message_1469407993991_zpsztuoye4v.jpg

one thing i noticed that was cool is this tranny has a dust shield attached where the driveline slides in, i also bought a brand new boot that covers the shifter hole on the 6 bolt plate that the shifter snaps into, i was getting a gear oil smell before at high speeds and noticed it started leaking fluid out of the shifter hole.

• Like 1

also looking to rig up a torque damper setup i want to keep the rubber mounts to make the car comfortable to drive but i also want to help the motor from ripping them suckers in half lol so thinking about adding one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-1995-1998-240SX-S14-Silvia-SR20-SR20DET-Engine-Motor-Torque-Damper-Brace-Kit-/381113320986?hash=item58bc1fc61a:g:EDQAAOSwc3ZUqpDi&vxp=mtr

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

well the new trans i put in also has problems..... you can put it in gear and rotate the output shaft almost a full turn before the input shaft starts to turn... mabey worn out gears inside or something i donno, im gunna rock it untill it blows all the way.

after this one blows im going with a nissan 350z transmission they are good for 700hp and its a 6spd so i should have no problems ever.

also im still having boost problems i put a 10lb spring in the wastegate and its still dropping to 6ish psi at high rpm so need to figure that out before i go shoot for 12's in quarter mile.

Fuck the quarter mile.  Come autoXing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol i need some sway bars before i do that, have you researched any front say bars off other vehicles that will fit a 510? or should i go to pick n pull and pull every one to be the first to find one that will fit a 510 with ka swap lol

I don't know of any.  Sam and I are working on one soon though.  I don't care for my orange line bar.  I'll keep you posted.  I do have a I think 200sx bar in the 510 I just picked up.  It's small but better than nothing.  

made this little contraption yesterday to pump air into my turbo to check my whole charge pipe system and intercooler/intake manifold for leaks and found out i had 3 leaks on some clamps that were not tight enough also found out over 18psi my blow off valve leaks out the horn so when i upp the boost later ill need to buy a new bov.

Message_1471228173143_zpsrivdbanh.jpg

Also got my new nhra legal cut off switch in and this one is a 4 post for fuel injected cars so it can kill the battery and alternator, so ill be able to pass tech inspection now im gunna really focus on trying to get into consistant 12's quarter mile before end of this year, that way i can eat up some wrx's and some bikes, and any other doyouevenvapebro car i come accross lol.

Message_1470365340379_zpsz9rzxcdy.jpg

Also was cruising on 72nd and waller road in tacoma and seen this guy driving he was probably in his 50's had some racing seats and a bunch of race series stickers and sounded like a l series with a nice cam

20160805_133045_zpsgorrkjjz.jpg

Anyone know him? very clean car

So i took my transmission apart tonight and took a video of what i found out is the problem but i have no clue what im looking at.

it seems like the lower gear behind the smaller front bearing is spinning on the shaft a little before catching, my question is, is it splined on the inside and mabey stripped? woodruf key?

this video is taken with the transmission in 5th gear notice how much i can spin the input shaft before the output shaft starts to spin.

https://youtu.be/DxkmNePxMcI

• 2 weeks later...

so transmission is fixed! i ended up rebuilding that one and put it in and works great! i got some drag radials yesterday and mounted them on some old wheels my dad used to always rock on his 510's lol.

i have a roll race event coming up in bremerton at bremerton raceway on sunday so should be fun, ill be sure to have videos of my races.

i also got around to installing the s14 sr engine dampener i got off ebay and it helped ALOT only had to make one bracket for the head.

Message_1472609043253_zpstxopafqc.jpg

Message_1472182567969_zpszxuj6qpr.jpg

20160826_174354_zpsvikiv1kg.jpg

20160826_181140_zpswahemj8h.jpg