4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice thats a good deal, from what ive read with a ka swap i need to buy one for a automatic 510 because they are longer?

I believe so, yes.

Rockauto has them in at least 4 different lengths. I just kept searching all kinds of Datsun cables comparing lengths they had until I found one right for my car. 

• Like 1

Good on you for this. I'm happy to hear some of the younger generation being a little less selfish and keeping their priorities straight. Your 510 will get done, and done right.

Thanks i try my best, i sometimes wish i diddnt feel bad buying a car part instead of buying something for my parents but i guess every now and then i should be able to buy something for myself as a reward for supporting them at their low times, also they would feel bad if my whole check went to helping them and not anything for myself.

as long as i keep the side jobs going after work i should be able to finish this and finally make it to my first canby :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

been super busy lately, parents car got stolen and only car i could afford for them was a 2002 impala with rod knock so ive been working on that for past week, but now time to work on the 510, dropping driveline off next week, now im going to work on coolant lines and trying to make the intercooler fit.

pics soon.

• 1 month later...

Little update: my buddy at nissanparts.cc was able to locate me all the oem coolant lines for a ka24e and i got them few days ago, he also send me the grip royal horn delete since the button wont fit with the slim hub.

20150306_123417_zpslrh3dqxb.jpg

Also tonight i drove up to buy a can-am box from jeff (icehouse) who is a super cool dude btw, now im pretty close to firing this thing up!

20150313_195923_zps3sfgfxvk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

why no 280 zx struts?

ive been looking for a set for a while but none came up so i just cleaned up what i had for now, i will be going zx struts in the future and rear disc brakes and my stocks will go on my 2 door.

little update:

couldnt find any intercooler that fit like i wanted it to, so i gave in and ordered the cx racing intercooler off ebay, because i diddnt want one hanging out front and i want all my light and grill ect to be on the car.

this is the one i got.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-Intercooler-Datsun-510-SR20-KA-FMIC-24x12x2-5-/330624826680?hash=item4cfac67d38&vxp=mtr

also i took all the wires off the engine harness i was not going to use and installed the engine harness and the can am box, after i bend the new fuel lines and wire in the gm map sensor and iat i should be able to fire it soon!

20150322_144046_zpsptfziyjh.jpg

20150328_145938_zpsgmw4ir5a.jpg

• Like 2

thanks guys yeah it took a bit and its not comfortable at all leaning in the floor with the rocker panel diggin into ur ribs the whole time lol but i finally got it all in there.

That's why I'm putting everything under the passenger seat. I'm too old for that upside down uncomfortable shit ;)

• Like 1