4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What method did the body shop use to fix this and did they leave your lower rocker panel repairs?

they cut that whole piece of metal out and welded plates in and they cut out all my repairs and welded all them shut, they said it wouldnt have been good enough for a black car and also wouldnt last up here because it rains 9 months out of the year lol.

This is lookin' SO good!!

Great job man :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Canby next year??

...........................we need a whole row of 4drs!!

Canby next year for sure, ive been around datsuns my whole life and have never been to canby yet :crying:  so canby 2015 for sure no matter what.

Canby next year for sure, ive been around datsuns my whole life and have never been to canby yet :crying:  so canby 2015 for sure no matter what.

Find me.......I'll be serving Margaritas.....

This shit is lookin' siiiick!!

..................I gotta see this in person......

• Like 2

got a old stock am radio from my dad and a new uncut stereo console and refurb'd the stereo at work also threw in a led bulb and installed a aux cord so it will play my ipod :thumbup:

20131006_125407_zps665114b9.jpg

20141103_185119_zps7f3046f0.jpg

hopefully i can find somewhere that makes knobs for it.

• Like 1

more info on e-brake handle.

is it more of just a hand brake or does it lock in somehow? Do you have a seperate rear hydro caliper?

Im interested and i like it

it has a lock on it to hold it in place for parking and the lock can be released so it can be pulled and released continuously.  the master cyl on it is a in and out type.

basically you cut the line going to the rear brakes and the line from the master goes into the (in) side of the ebrake and the (out) hooks back up to the line going to the rear drums.

here is a write up i found

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/41982-how-to-hydraulic-e-brake-in-a-datsun-510/

new license plate frame i got from the old school reunion

90531d77-dbf4-4e0b-9da2-7a3fb25c0da8_zps

Steering wheel that i ordered came in the mail! just need to find a slim hub that fits 510

20141107_151830_zpscb0301b2.jpg

And raised the back some because i want the car to actually be functional lol and looking forward to doing a few road course days in the future.

20141105_180114_zpsa4559610.jpg

• Like 2

Good call. You build to go fast. If it looks cool then that's a bonus :) nobody wants to bottom out the suspension or rub tire at 120mph in a corner...

yup exactly, next on the list is brake upgrades, this things gotta be able to stop with all the power lol. its been hard to find 280zx struts locally.

• Like 1

oh and i picked up a welder finally from my boss for a screaming deal.

Miller (millermatic140) used only twice with aluminum spool gun to go with it and the tank all for 400!!!

now i can really get to buisness on alot of stuff i wanted to fab up. cage, adjustable lca's, flip the crossmember ect.

20141111_101317_zps7c874bbd.jpg

• Like 4