4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

alright thanks a lot, well i finally got the right clutch slave and i drove it today!! felt good to drive it around the block. now that the manual swap is done and driving time to focus back on the body work, i should have my sanding blocks, filler, paint guns and paint in the mail soon then ill take a bunch of pics!

• Like 1

finished taking out all the automatic stuff today and also took the gauge cluster out to put led bulbs and clean the wiring up.

also im stuck on what color to paint the car.  i want the car to be white but the bay will still be green so im thinking of painting it the oem green color it was supposed to be. im having a hard time finding the color code for this color green.

(This is not my car, if owner is on here message me and i will take the pic down)

datsun510_nissanBluebird_green_zps43d152

• Like 1

yeah im gunna go with the oem green color since the bay is still decent after a good cleanup and the floor boards and jams are still pretty clean too.

also fixed the ignition problem i was having, i found out that whoever put in the electronic distributor, instead of figuring out the stock wiring to make it work they just ran a wire from the coil straight to the ignition and the wire was only getting power in (start) mode and not (key on) so i found the original wire and it starts every time now.

also ripped all the janky stereo wiring out which for some reason was ran to the ignition (they must have not known there was oem stereo power wires hanging right where the stereo goes lol!) but i got all that hooked up and even the buzzer hooked back up and it works when the door is open lol. but might unhook it later its the most awful sound haha.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

been real busy lately saving money, the 510 gets dropped off at the body shop july 10th its going to be 1000$ just for body work and prep for paint. they said since some spots are down to bare metal they need to sand the whole car to bare metal so the paint is even, and they want to remove alot of the bondo and take the dents out without bondo. then i guess it needs a special epoxy primer to stick to the bare metal so the paint wont chip or crack off later. ill have them take progress pics along the way i cant wait!

• 4 weeks later...

20140714_171257_zpsb57d3ece+%25281%2529.

everything can go, but without a aftermarket fpr, you need the top red circle, the bottom red circle is a butterfly valve actuator, i have been told the motor will run either way, but if you remove the actuator, you also should remove the butterfly valves in the mani. also

alright cool ill remove those and im guessing the fpr just needs vacuum so ill hook it up to a vacuum source. thanks i appreciate it!

• Like 1

Pressure Washed the motor today

20140712_172349_zpsc29f4ba1.jpg

Yes i know the valve cover is mad jdm tyte drift 240sx sidewayz stance walltap mint lol sike that was the first thing to go.

surprisingly when i took the valve cover off it was real clean inside the head.

20140714_201248_zps32d118bb.jpg

haha especially some lime green painted over dirt and oil while it was raining out lol is what it looks like.

random question about the ka swap.

instead of cutting the crossmember and flipping it cant you just unbolt the whole crossmember and flip it and bolt it back on? and flip the bolts for the control arms?