4 doors in WA project 510 Ka24e Turbo

jeph

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Digging the foam idea. That video was sweet.

yeah i was too but the body shop i had do all the body work was like we cant cover over that lol, so they removed all of it and welded sheet metal over the holes. its was fun to try i guess lol.

Don't listen to rock auto when ordering the rear wheel bearings.  Inner and outer are the same.  

okay cool the previous owner said he replaced them and i can see the nut is grinded down to remove but i can wiggle the wheel hub left and right inside the trailing arm meaning the bearing is blown lol.

• 3 weeks later...

When you can get ahold of him and he has parts ready to go he's one of the best to deal with. He always has good products, I have one of his trans crossmemebers in my car, which oddly enough he owned 20 years ago.

nice i was going to order his trans crossmembers also since its a decent price compared to others.

Finally finished all the fuel lines and fuel pump, i also cleaned the rear diff up untill i get a sti one, sandblasted the cover and plate welded the diff because nobody likes one tire fire lol

20150421_175940_zpsks4wzsrs.jpg

20150422_102346_zpsgc7qg6lh.jpg

also picked up a old school greddy wideband to match my old greddy boost gauge im using.

20150421_192718_zpsfjnlnec5.jpg

• Like 3

got some more done this weekend, took apart the rear hubs since my wheel bearings were soooo shot.

20150428_180749_zpssoaorapc.jpg

Found a part number online and went to fastenal to get the bearings for super cheap and higher rating too.

20150428_103438_zpszfv5m0t3.jpg

then started to do all the rear brake lines and installed the hydro ebrake.

20150428_181953_zpse4idzagl.jpg

• Like 2

okay so today i finally tried to start the car, after few hours of troubleshooting i found out that the ecu is not sending a negative pulse to each injector.

when i touch a ground wire manually to each injector they spray and it starts.

ive tried 2 ecus same thing, so im guessing the distributor is not telling the ecu when to send a ground to each injector, so im going to take it apart and find out what causes that.

andyone know what part inside the distributor sends the signal to the ecu?

from what everyone is saying online if the crank position sensor was bad it wouldn't start at all, but it does start with starting fluid sprayed into the throttle body.

for some reason the ecu just isnt sending a ground to the injectors so i gotta figure that out and it should run.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the car running! it needs a tune very bad charge pipes will be done this week and ill get some pics of the bay finished with everything on.

If anyone was wondering about my problem as it not starting was the coolant temp sensor was bad and making it dump gasoline and flooding it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

little update

Finally put some seats in, my buddy gave me these pretty clean crx seats they feel great and are in good condition besides a small seam that came loose but my old lady will be sewing that up.

20150520_204941_zpslpon6egx.jpg

Finally got my driveline done at Drivelines NW (shortened, Balanced and new Joints)

20150526_141934_zpssxfu8lty.jpg

And finally got the last piece of charge pipe done with the iat installed and air regulator bung.

20150526_185040_zpsv1zata92.jpg

• Like 3