jeph

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a pic with the slicks on i had to raise it soo high for it not to rub lol

20160904_165314_zpsdz5s2k25.jpg

also while i was out there doing the roll races i got tired of my car having no top end due to the turbo charger not being big enough so i went home the next day and this happened

Message_1473112291756_zpspy7ljqdu.jpg

Then i picked this huge guy up.

20160908_124746_zpsfngc2cyz.jpg

And now i shouldnt have a no top end problem lol

20160908_164347_zps3i0aretk.jpg

Cant wait to get it tuned and see what power she puts out now.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

so i drove the car for a bit any my brake master was getting reallllly hot.

so i took everything off and am going to have the manifold ceramic coated and make a new downpipe that hugs the motor more and get it ceramic coated also.

Message_1474593876717_zpsmrztcj9v.jpg

picked up a pair of new wheels for my drag radials

Message_1474333281700_zpsitpwwa1i.jpg

also my spare tire pan was damaged and i never used it anyway so i cut it out and am going to weld in a flat sheet.

20160925_184811_zpsnleke9ok.jpg

also got around to cutting out the damaged rear valance out to replace it then i noticed that since the spare tire well is also out of the way theres a lot of room back there for something so i decided on building my own rear diffuser to do something different, nothing crazy just a simple one.

20160928_143754_HDR_zpsswrtrcev.jpg

heres a pic of what style ill be making

diffuser_zpsdok2egpz.jpg

• Like 3

I LOVE this man I wish you the best of luck and all. A year or two ago when I was 19, I built my diffuser out of an old cabinet that was thick as metal loll. Now I can weld but yeah. Good luck man! I'll keep a look out. You've made me want to turbo my 510 with a kat

• 1 month later...

tiny update been busy lately trying to buy my first house and have not been showing the 510 love but i finally coated the exhaust manifold so it wouldn't rust anymore and i wrinkle blacked the turbo housing to match my valve cover and intake manifold now i just need to make a new 3 inch downpipe and a full 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust then it will be dyno time again.

IMG_20161122_180505_zps21qyrbkk.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

This is an awesome build thread! Just went through the whole thing! The vg30.com site doesn't work anymore. So does Dave still have this site? I ask because I need some idler arm bushings. Anyone have a link to some new ones that are eurothane, besides the Troy Ermish ones?

Post horse power chart and vid soon! What turbo are you using? T3/T4 hybrid?

• 1 month later...

well a little update took the car to get the final tune and ended up having a little clutch slippage but ended up with 300hp and 275tq on 8psi which im very happy with, they said new clutch and e85 sound be able to make even more since we have not even pulled timing or anything yet.

but should be able to hit 12s in the quarter this summer which is all i really want. now that the drivetrain is done for now i can start working on exterior and interior and can start updating more pics.

IMG_20170223_101522_906_zpsizhjjwob.jpg

• Like 3

Hey Boss, I didn't see where if you were running an aftermarket cam. but I bought a bunch of  KA24e stuff off a dude and it came with a brian crower low boost custom grind cam. I've got no use for it, would you be interested?

• Like 1

Hey Boss, I didn't see where if you were running an aftermarket cam. but I bought a bunch of  KA24e stuff off a dude and it came with a brian crower low boost custom grind cam. I've got no use for it, would you be interested?

mabey pm me a part number or some specs and price.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

okay so i have been having a huge problem lately with all the new power the car makes it squats soo hard under acceleration that the tires rub bad so i was reading about rear shock upgrades and i came accross someone saying 94 chevy camaro shocks fit, well while browsing around for shocks i found a skyjacker air shock kit for camaros with tow packages and i hopped on it fast i got the whole kit at autozone for around 90$ out the door and it fit great and works great! i can now air out and look cool for a meet or air them puppys up and fit some huge slicks under there.

20170314_172722_zpsanvlnxga.jpg

20170314_175751_zpsqblt5zsn.jpg

this is with 20psi (recomended for daily driving via instructions)

20170314_175805_zpss2xa4omg.jpg

this is with 100psi (200max via instructions)

20170314_180607_zpsnr70xhi3.jpg

where i put the air fitting so i can plug in my cig lighter high volume pump to air it up on the fly.

20170316_1927221_zpsxnrqgc2j.jpg

20170316_192748_zpshjn70vvr.jpg

• Like 3

then i also got around to doing the 1995 ford ranger filler neck mod with the newer style vented gas cap and it worked great and now i can turn without gas spilling out! and no more fumes from the vents.

20170316_181213_zpsyuwk9aed.jpg

20170316_181224_zps6rllmuiv.jpg

out with the old stuff probably bring it to canby with all my other stuff im sure someone needs one.

20170316_181231_zpsux92fr6c.jpg

• Like 1

Just a heads up, its a much safer option to have each side shock on separate lines, I've heard of stories of these as rally cars hitting a pothole on one side whilst running air shocks and a single feed line, and it has caused the other shock to inflate, and cause the cars to crash due to the rear enn being thrown all over the shop, I'm sure its one of those rare events, but worth mentioning.

Also more common with towing and a pothole then greatly unsettles a car

• Like 1