What are you listening to???

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/27/2022 at 8:27 PM, bottomwatcher said:

I like that and yes there are songs that fit the mood.  My "baby" is the one with green bottom paint. This pic always feels like a kick in the balls. She is upright now but I have yet to see her because I had to ship out before the yard let me in.  When I get her back in the water you bet her theme sing will be blasted on a continues loop.

12729.thumb.jpeg.17b55cd9cd41dfe1dda25a5ab083d973.jpeg

She is in the water still has some hurricane damage but should be good as new in a few weeks. Had to play this on a loop today.

20221213_102042.jpg

• Like 2
5 hours ago, paradime said:

Yeah like the David Gray. Kind of a theme when I took my Wife on a 6 month sail from Florida through the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and spent a month in Luperon Dominican republic before sailing home. Nothing fancy 32ft boat, bag showers ect. But we made it. Took her back to the Bahamas for a couple months a few years later. Life makes you complacent haven't left the country in the boat since. Still go up and down the west coast of Florida mostly singlehanded because of wifes obligations but after a passage, a shower and a strong mix of Sailor Jerry's and fresca turn up the tunes.

https://youtu.be/m8U5PG6av_I

• Like 2

Shit, my last boat was a 28 Catalina, but it was harbored at the Treasure Island Marina right in the middle of the SF Bay. On an average day I could be in Sausalito, Angel Island, or outside the Golden Gate in 1 hour, and to Half Moon Bay or Stinson Beach in 3 more. Regular salmon fishing at the mouth of the Sacramento River and rock fish off the Greater Farallones. Bobbing around the Pacific with that little cork was a blast. Hope you get your girl back out soon.

• Like 1

found this album on cassette in a bargain bin about 1988. Paul Rogers of Bad Company on vocals with Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin playing guitar. This collaboration was one I would tell metal heads about in the 1990s and get blank stares for my troubles. Truly a forgotten endeavor and not without reason as this is the only track that on the entire album that stuck with me.

Edited by a.d._510_n_ok
  • Like 2

I saw the chill Peppers play at the Del Marr Fair in SD and heard this song. Flee completely blew my mind. After the show they were hading out their first album for free and I grabbed one. I raced back home to see if Get Up And Jump was on it and BINGO!!!! 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, paradime said:

I saw the chill Peppers play at the Del Marr Fair in SD and heard this song. Flee completely blew my mind. After the show they were hading out their first album for free and I grabbed one. I raced back home to see if Get Up And Jump was on it and BINGO!!!! 

I saw them at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz, somewhere back in my memory fog 84 to 86ish. I do remember there was some guy prancing around on stage with a 2 inch wide piece of paper taped to his dingle as his only attire towards the end of the show.

On 12/17/2022 at 6:26 PM, Ooph! said:

I saw them at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz, somewhere back in my memory fog 84 to 86ish. I do remember there was some guy prancing around on stage with a 2 inch wide piece of paper taped to his dingle as his only attire towards the end of the show.

Paper cuts? Could you collect workmans comp for this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

YouTube offered up this 1989 lost gem. Lead singer is like a David Coverdale/Jon Bon Jovi hybrid, band rocks hard, bevy of vidya vamps includes diversity and several vintage project cars can be seen throughout the course of the song. I don't remember these guys at all but I can think of many less talented bands that had more success. 

• Thanks 1