• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

RIP Tina Turner

I saw her SO many times over the years.  She played a very small hotel ballroom in Long Beach around 1980 when she had no record deal.  It was one of the best shows I ever saw her do.

RIP Tina

Also wanted to post something.  She regularly stole the show from the guys..

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 3

Appropriate for the last day of May 2023; 'Then Came The Last Days of May' from Blue Oyster Cult's first album. This criminally under-recognized monster cuts a wide swath in a story about a tragic trip across the border half a century ago. I don't recall who the reviewer for 'Rolling Stone' mag was who reviewed this album when it was released, but I recall him saying chunks of plaster were falling from the ceiling while he was listening to it. Motivated me to grab a copy at first opportunity. 

• Like 3

If you're a Blue Oyster Cult fan and if you've never seen this movie it's definitely worth your time. It's a little bit of 1994 party culture captured very accurately on screen. I never saw it until a couple of years ago. Don't ever remember it being advertised or seeing in a video rental shop. 

• Like 3

Wifey & I were fortunate to attend several BOC and Uriah Heap concerts in early to mid-70's and finer performer-fan ambience was rare to be experienced. We caught so many other epic performers from the early 70's forward and they're golden memories now as we enter our mid 70's. We now shun crowds, so if we never attend another live concert, we've been richly rewarded for life. Another monumental experience for us was the 'Deep Purple', Uriah Heep', 'Buddy Miles' concert in Clemson South Carolina when I was in US Army at FT. Jackson South Carolina in mid 1972. The Rock station in Columbia South Carolina changed format from rock to country on 1 July 1972 and I called in and requested Uriah Heep's 'July Morning' to be played  as a tribute. The station complied. A little sample:

Oh yeah, Deep Purple was good too !!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

If you're a Blue Oyster Cult fan and if you've never seen this movie it's definitely worth your time. It's a little bit of 1994 party culture captured very accurately on screen. I never saw it until a couple of years ago. Don't ever remember it being advertised or seeing in a video rental shop. 

I'm in, A VW Type III 'Squareback'. Old personal memories with the 'Blue Oyster Cult' and the VW. Yeah, lucky to live long enuf and to remember things.

Edited by difrangia
  • Like 1