What are you listening to???

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love Zeppelin's "cover" of this song, but disappointed when I found it's the same title, same lyrics, same guitar riff (though electric) as Blind Willie Johnson's original song recorded in 1927. Yet shamelessly, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page appropriated it, and took full credit for having written the song, while giving no mention or credit to Willie. Although very talented musicians, those two pencil neck limeys have a history of plagiarizing many American artist's creative work. As a blind receiving artist, that put's a bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 2

Zeppelin is cool in my book.I have all their music and all of Robert Plant's.Wish I could of seen them in concert.But I did get to see Pink Floyd's last tour.But any way Shine on.A lot of artist sing other people's music.Gun's and Roses,Metallica.Knocking on heavens door,Aerosmith singing the Beatles song.Metallica singing turn the page.Guns and roses singing Paul McCarthys song.A Band touring playing Pink Floyd's songs.lisa Marie Presley did dirty laundry,by Don Henley.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Zeppelin is cool in my book.I have all their music and all of Robert Plant's.Wish I could of seen them in concert.But I did get to see Pink Floyd's last tour.But any way Shine on.A lot of artist sing other people's music.Gun's and Roses,Metallica.Knocking on heavens door,Aerosmith singing the Beatles song.Metallica singing turn the page.Guns and roses singing Paul McCarthys song.A Band touring playing Pink Floyd's songs.lisa Marie Presley did dirty laundry,by Don Henley.

None of these bands listed took credit for writing the songs they covered like Plant and Page did.

• Like 1