• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

mine lived withi six blocks of me (in a town of 1100) from the day I was born until I came back from the army at age 19 and spoke to me twice. when I was like 10 he said, "Hi, how are ya?". when I was 19 he caught me at the local gas station in my dress greens and said, "Hey, you look good in those! Call me if you need anything!". I told him, "fuck off!" and he laughed. when my wife asked who he was, I said, "No one important - just my father." In the four years between then and his death I picked up the phones several times to call him but never did. When he died I felt guilty for a while until it dawned on me that he'd had 23 years to do the right thing and never did.

He made me a better dad though because I swore I would never let my two kids do without and I didn't. From conception to graduation I was there for my two and it really doesn't mean a whole lot to them because they never did without. sometimes that irritates me a little but how they hell can they be grateful for what I gave them when they themselves never did without?

Here is the thing man...if you did a really good job raising them, they won't really appreciate it. They may when they get middle aged and lived a little, but other than that, it's just they way it is most of the time.

• Like 2

Here is the thing man...if you did a really good job raising them, they won't really appreciate it. They may when they get middle aged and lived a little, but other than that, it's just they way it is most of the time.

This. I don't think my daughter is going to like me when she leaves the house. She will love and respect me but she probably won't like me. And if that's the case I will know I have done my job properly and properly prepared her for the real world.

Or she's going to turn into a daddies girl and never leave the house. Not sure which, my personality seems to cause Stockholm syndrome.

• Like 1

92' Accord. They don't build em like that anymore. 2-more years free of harrassment is always nice.

My SlowVolvo had an  $150 evap solenoid go-out on me on a 98-degree day (located above the electric rad cooling fan) 2-weeks after passings emissions this year = check engine light. Good thing it doesn't like talking to the government computers in general as I shouldn't of passed the first time.

92' Accord. They don't build em like that anymore. 2-more years free of harrassment is always nice.

My SlowVolvo had an  $150 evap solenoid go-out on me on a 98-degree day (located above the electric rad cooling fan) 2-weeks after passings emissions this year = check engine light. Good thing it doesn't like talking to the government computers in general as I shouldn't of passed the first time.

Ha, there was a guy ahead of my with a volvo who failed, partially due to an evap failure :P

smoke, I love that they are doing well (and both are) and that they never had it as rough as I did, which was my goal since I first thought of having kids. I'm wanting my cake & too eat it too - I know. funny thing is - so many of their friends who came from broken homes understand that my two had it pretty damned good (and have told them so) but when my kids hear that their eyes kinda glaze over - which means I was a success and that makes me happy but I still wanna say, "Ya'll don't even know....."

Hooray. 92 Accord with 254k miles passed smog no problems. Another 2 years harassment free!

No nearly as good as going to test your diesel ,that only passed by one point the previous time, just to find out that it was titled wrong and I don't have to do emissions any more!! Horay for idiots at the DOL!!