(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

A lot of them are made to be single because they will choose the pile of Popsicle sticks over their partner in a "get rid of this shit or I'm leaving" scenario. Kinda funny, when it comes to my house, I am the polar opposite of a hoarder. If I'm not using it, out it goes, I hate clutter and junk. Now, my shop on the other hand...while it's pretty fuckin organized, I have stashed tons of oddball shit that I will probably never use or need. Hell, if I just got rid of old AMC V8 parts alone, I would have another 100 square feet and I don't even have an AMC vehicle.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I thought you would be more inclined to save everything and use it to make turbo kits  :rofl:

I ditch everything too. There is a simple math equation for it all. Simply figure out the cubic footage of your house, divide it by the dollars you pay in rent, if those scuba flippers are worth a penny less than the serface area they occupy over a plugged in amount of time then chuck the fuckers.

However, I know a guy who hoarded every piece of Triumph, Bsa, DWK, Hipoint piece of motorcycle junk

A lot of them are made to be single because they will choose the pile of Popsicle sticks over their partner in a "get rid of this shit or I'm leaving" scenario. Kinda funny, when it comes to my house, I am the polar opposite of a hoarder. If I'm not using it, out it goes, I hate clutter and junk. Now, my shop on the other hand...while it's pretty fuckin organized, I have stashed tons of oddball shit that I will probably never use or need. Hell, if I just got rid of old AMC V8 parts alone, I would have another 100 square feet and I don't even have an AMC vehicle.

, now he's sitting on a pretty nice retirement in Thailand. 

I don't think I hoard but if I'm at a garage sale or flea market and some sumbitch says, "give me $1 and it's yours!" or (worse) "you better grab it or I'm throwing it away!" then junk is probably coming home with me. a '28 Chevy car dash and a mint '52 International underdash heater all came home with me because I was "threatened" with lines like the aforementioned. Having said all that, I will sell (cheap) or even give away the stuff if someone needs it.

I gave $2 for two Holley 4bbls, a 4bbl Rochester, an ancient Zenith, several vintage S&W gauges and some others stuff at an estate sale a few weekends ago and have already made $200 off that stuff via ePay. The money is cool but some part of me just hates to think about any vintage car parts going into a landfill or being turned into scrap 'cuz once that shit is gone it's gone forever.

I don't think I hoard but if I'm at a garage sale or flea market and some sumbitch says, "give me $1 and it's yours!" or (worse) "you better grab it or I'm throwing it away!" then junk is probably coming home with me. a '28 Chevy car dash and a mint '52 International underdash heater all came home with me because I was "threatened" with lines like the aforementioned. Having said all that, I will sell (cheap) or even give away the stuff if someone needs it.I gave $2 for two Holley 4bbls, a 4bbl Rochester, an ancient Zenith, several vintage S&W gauges and some others stuff at an estate sale a few weekends ago and have already made $200 off that stuff via ePay. The money is cool but some part of me just hates to think about any vintage car parts going into a landfill or being turned into scrap 'cuz once that shit is gone it's gone forever.

see that shit is all good, stuff that actually has value and esthetics. Really bad hoarders hang on to 20 year old cardboard party supplies and outdated hand writing school books.

my mother was a little this way. But I've seen way worse

see that shit is all good, stuff that actually has value and esthetics. Really bad hoarders hang on to 20 year old cardboard party supplies and outdated hand writing school books.

my mother was a little this way. But I've seen way worse

ah'ight - I don't feel too bad then. no cardboard or books or London broil ads - just car crap.

20140914_135605.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe I should delete my sig... because shit ain't influencing anything!

May as well have said this.

Then again I need to change mine. It has a dead link, well it still works, but CarDOPEmain is dead to me! They screwed that site all up. (Edit: fixed my sig)