(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

Bring back Jack.

quote-am-i-a-criminal-the-world-knows-i-

Our time on this rock should be about quality and not so much quanity. Go visit a nursing home and see what all this buisness of keeping people alive when there quality of life has all but left there minds and or bodies is about. Suicide is not an answer but neither is keeping clearly miserable or suffering individuals alive for the "humane" reasons that our society so dearly embraces. Over extending the lifes of  people  has become big buisness.

I just got back from Portland where my Mom lives in  a assisted living facilaty. It is pretty depressing to see most of these folks having to wait in there own bodily extriments so that a son or daughter can feel like they are preserving some past quality of life as well as spend every cent$ of there life savings to keep them going. Seems cruel in a lot of cases and maybe even selfish.

Big buisness or emotions, which is the lesser of two evils?

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back Jack.

quote-am-i-a-criminal-the-world-knows-i-

Our time on this rock should be about quality and not so much quanity. Go visit a nursing home and see what all this buisness of keeping people alive when there quality of life has all but left there minds and or bodies is about. Suicide is not an answer but neither is keeping clearly miserable or suffering individuals alive for the "humane" reasons that our society so dearly embraces. Over extending the lifes of  people  has become big buisness.

I just got back from Portland where my Mom lives in  a assisted living facilaty. It is pretty depressing to see most of these folks having to wait in there own bodily extriments so that a son or daughter can feel like they are preserving some past quality of life as well as spend every cent$ of there life savings to keep them going. Seems cruel in a lot of cases and maybe even selfish.

Big buisness or emotions, which is the lesser of two evils?

I agree with this.  There should always be less messy, humane ways to leave.  MY wife is a doctor, and she regularly see patients who would rather not live.  But they carry on knowing they will end up in a care home, helpless, careless, bored.  It's like a novel that has no real ending.  It just runs on, and on, and on till you stop reading because your over it.  This is likely not a bestseller equation.  Seriously, I hope I do not die after months or years of thinking about it.