The bitter end.

Lowandslow

Today I went to the next town over to visit a flea market. I went with my fiance and our baby in our family vehicle (jeep) and I left my truck parked like I always do on the curb. 

I got a call about an hour later to come home because there had been an accident and my truck had been hit. I came home to this. :( 

20131216_131502.jpg

20131216_131141.jpg

My truck got pushed 166 feet. It was parked with the parking brake on and the frame was dragged all the way. Im still in shock, but its on to the next project now.

Thanks to all of you guys for all the help and inspiration I got from you guys!! 

IMG_20131215_224627.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope whoever hit your truck has insurance, but that will only be the beginning of your fight.

I believe the phrase that insurance companies use is "like kind and quality"

The insurance company is going to try to get away with giving you as little as possible.  Time to find all your records, photos, receipts, and any other thing  to prove what your truck was worth.  Do not accept the first offer from the insurance company, do not let them low ball you.

I would hope whoever hit your truck has insurance, but that will only be the beginning of your fight.

I believe the phrase that insurance companies use is "like kind and quality"

The insurance company is going to try to get away with giving you as little as possible.  Time to find all your records, photos, receipts, and any other thing  to prove what your truck was worth.  Do not accept the first offer from the insurance company, do not let them low ball you.

Another good reason for having a build thread here at ratsun. Dates and pictures and lots of comments all at your finger tips. Similar builds and costs of parts and buying and selling prices

• Like 2

What the hell hit it? A full size or a frackin semi? That shit has left tears in my eyes! :bye:  Did the people that hit it survive? 3,000 lbs moving 166ft is nothing to sneeze at...that takes serious force well above 500K mark just to move it that distance, :blink:  not to mention what it took to snap the frame. :o   I am so happy you guys wasn't in it at the time, so what you got in mind on the next one?

Ouch!!! Damn good thing you weren't sitting in it getting ready to go somewhere...

I was also looking forward to seeing what you were gonna do with this one as you were off to such a good start... Good luck with the insurance company and hopefully there are a few pieces you can salvage off this one for the next build...

GOD DAMM!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!!!! SHIT man I can't even imagine what was going through your head when you saw your truck and then noticed it was 2 houses down!  Thank the lord you all were not in it..  Thats the good side of this.  Well, were here for you and looking to see you get another build going.