Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gasket? Or a seal?

You can make the gasket. And I'm pretty sure a seal can be had...

81 4x4 truck? 22R motor?

Yup. Gasket. I went out last week and bought a sheet to make the new gasket and I cleaned up the old one aswell ive just been to lazy to get to it. The heater control vale also has a cold leak but . Ive already came across a few that i could make work. That L52 transmission is shit though. 3rd time in the year that ive had the truck that ive had to take that tranny out. This last time a snap ring broke but I do floor it regularly to get up to speed since the thing is a gutless wonder but both of my doglegs stood up to way more abuse in the 521.

Been thinking about this with the "heavy duty" option but damn its alot of money for a bone stock truck

https://www.marlincrawler.com/transmission/rebuilt-complete/l52

Sure problems could be avoided of I drove 55mph but i was daily driving the 521 which likes to cruise at 80. Its a big difference to get used to. Id try to keep the toyota at 65-70 but I guess that was to much stress on 5th gear?

• Like 1

Wrong thread.

However...I'll take a guess being that I didn't click on the link....asparagus?

The intent was humor. What do people think of with the name Harvard. It could also be political if one just looks at the money side. However, ultra rich kids smelling piss. Got to be more then one good joke in there.

• Like 1

Must be nice. I cant get shit for my 81 yota. Im tempted to make a face book to join one of those toyota groups to find shit. I really need the gasket that goes between the transmission and transfer case. Doesnt leak but its been reused 3times that I know of

90311-32009. Around $10. Available. And your Toyota parts guy sucks!

• Like 2

And I can have it overnight if your guy is tooooooo fucking lazy to order for ya.

Tell him to look at the Portland PDC.

Holy shitballs!

Gato does have a purpose.... finding Toyota parts...

Imma hit you up when I get back. I need the fucking screws and clips that hold my lower dash together

• Like 1

Real culture shock when I moved from Wisconsin to Louisiana. Took me a good 5 years before I finally stopped asking people to repeat what they were trying to say. Now if ya'll are interested in getting a connection to your inner Cajun, "tis the season for mudbug madness.

http://www.lacrawfish.com/Live-Crawfish-C26.aspx 

I fully expected them to taste nasty. The crawfish etouffee turned out to be amazing. Went to a boil once, had one, not my thing. Might be for someone else.

crawfish-boil_04.jpg

• Like 2

I am the first ( and only ) child in my family not born in Oklahoma ,,, when we drove back to grammas house right about Colorado things started sounding weird in the back of the old chevy truck for sure but you could "learn" to understand cuz it was a cross between the two ...  Every time we spent the summer there ,, the school would put me into speech therapy classes with the crazy kids that had bubbles in the sides of their mouths when they talked.

When i was a freshman in high school we flew back to uncles funeral ,, and went into restaurant and someone asked "what's the special?"  and i swear to fuck it was like she said it in some crazy foreign language ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i remember looking around at my parents and brothers and they looked to completely understand her .

• Like 1

When I drove to my Daughter's wedding in Virginia in 2015,

in North Carolina & Virginia,I had to ask what they said - I don't speak "Southern".

On the other hand,people were very friendly.

• Like 2