Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I shoulda stayed home today. I got into an argument and got kicked off a plane by 5am

It must be hard working with others when you're in a bad mood. Working my second job has taught me to be a little more patient with people that are annoying. This guy came into the store and hung out for over 2 hours and then started yapping to me about Jim Morrison, Robert Plant and Janis Joplin. I told him he was talking to the wrong mod, but what I wanted to say was " it will be a great day when all those fuckers are dead. "

• Like 1

Random Daily Fact.

Sound is far more complex than what meets the ear. A ducks quack does not echo, and no one knows why.

The way our brain senses 3 dimensional position of sound is far more complex than left and right signal fading. We sense the up down, and forward back sound position through subtle differences in the way sound enters the ear canal, and slight delay difference of the sound wave reaching the left and right ear. This delay is called faze. Audio engineers will ad a slight faze to a track to give it a dimensional quality. Sound engineers have used a head shaped stereo microphone (with a mic in each ear) to record virtual 3D the way we hear sound naturally. This is called binaural recording, but recently those subtle differences that produce 3D sound stage have been digitally recreated so any recording can be manipulated in a 3D audio space. Digital binaural recording.

explanation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_recording

Analog head shaped mic. Binaural recording

http://www.kallbinauralaudio.com/samples/

Digital binaural recording

http://www.studio360.org/story/126833-adventures-3d-sound/

Here's where shit get's interesting. You've heard that funky reverberation when two similar sounds are produced simultaneously, it's where the sound waves collide and it makes a third sound called the harmonic wave. Using ear buds or high end head phones, If you take a low frequency sound wave, say 7 Hz, and output the left and right channels out of faze by half the wave length, your brain will recreate a phantom sound called the binaural beat. Using FMRI, scientists can see how the sound waves stimulate the right left hemispheres of the brain and the collision of electrical impulses that create this phantom harmonic. There are studies being done using binaural beats to treat things like insomnia, depression, anxiety, and learning disabilities.

Binaural beats explained

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats

example of 7.5hz Focus Concentration

https://youtu.be/wiplvZzV1Gk

Example of 3hz for sleep

https://youtu.be/nK51ei1MPy4

• Like 1

It must be hard working with others when you're in a bad mood. Working my second job has taught me to be a little more patient with people that are annoying. This guy came into the store and hung out for over 2 hours and then started yapping to me about Jim Morrison, Robert Plant and Janis Joplin. I told him he was talking to the wrong mod, but what I wanted to say was " it will be a great day when all those fuckers are dead. "

I actually wasn't in a bad mood until the qa tried to reject a rivet based off of him not liking it and not an actual spec or anything. Wasn't kicked off the plane due to the argument the argument act g and after. I ended up winning the argument but the qa was butthuet the rest of the day and wouldn't buy my stuff

Nice thing about my job is I can unload on the people that are bothering me with little to no qualms about it. My customers are the next shop downstream and myself. Don't have to be overly pc, just gotta be careful when females are present. My reputation for having severe moodswings actually preceded me when I switched to first shift. Was nice to hear that people were worried about me coming into first shift

• Like 1

This is my second job and it has taught me to be a little more patient with people that are annoying. I'll try telling them they are talking to the wrong mod.

• Like 1

I actually wasn't in a bad mood until the qa tried to reject a rivet based off of him not liking it and not an actual spec or anything. Wasn't kicked off the plane due to the argument the argument act g and after. I ended up winning the argument but the qa was butthuet the rest of the day and wouldn't buy my stuff

Nice thing about my job is I can unload on the people that are bothering me with little to no qualms about it. My customers are the next shop downstream and myself. Don't have to be overly pc, just gotta be careful when females are present. My reputation for having severe moodswings actually preceded me when I switched to first shift. Was nice to hear that people were worried about me coming into first shift

That place is crazy!!! I gotta be super PC with the guys I work with, GUYS??? Candy ass bitches!!!