Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

Random Daily Fact

Nature's sacred geometry is a window into an inverse fractal universe.

The golden ratio also called the golden mean or golden section (Latin: sectio aurea), extreme and mean ratio, medial sectiondivine proportiondivine section (Latin: sectio divina), golden proportiongolden cut, and golden number.

Mathematically represented as

7dae50ded3e335e34196ed67dc8dc49e_1.png

Visually represented as

imgres.png 

Also found in nature as

3e51fedb42d9f0e4c8aef457ad005a5c.jpg

Now Here's where shit get's interesting

Fractal Geometry is a branch of mathematics concerned with reoccurring irregular patterns in nature, such as leafs twigs and branches. 

Using the equation zn+1 = zn2 + c. as a random three dimensional plotting loop, a computer can generate a visual representation of mathematic fractal geometry. You need a beginning set of numbers (known as a (Mandelbrot set) to start the calculation, one for each dimension and a random generator for each color Red, Green, Blue, Black. and White. Use the Golden Ratio ie. 1.6180339887 as one of the dimensional inputs and look what happens.

http://bcove.me/34bs9w3n

https://youtu.be/kw9V3I1lg_o

• Like 2
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use golden section all the time in my line of work. If you break up the ratio of a Greek column, one that is fatter at the bottom and slim at top the column profile will never cross paths, it basically points to eternity, same with your fingers, toes, neck and penis.

I use golden section all the time in my line of work. If you break up the ratio of a Greek column, one that is fatter at the bottom and slim at top the column profile will never cross paths, it basically points to eternity, same with your fingers, toes, neck and penis.

wait what?

a bud of mine has a salvage yard and about two years ago (yeah, I move slow and adult ADD is a mofo) I noticed a single 1970s-80s Dodge/Plymouth cop car 15 inch car rim laying on the ground near an old semi trailer.

Today, I was bored + had cash (never a good combination) and always kinda wanted a set of the goofy things for my Fairlane so I went to get it to build a set ala Johnny Cash. Snatchurally it sold last week after laying in the same spot all the time I didn't buy it so I brought this crud home.

20150311_134536.jpg

20150311_134528.jpg

check out the salvage yard thread in a few minutes and I'll have posted some pics of his complete Datsuns and ratsun-friendly Nissans.

• Like 1