Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My uncle carries a bit of the weight for the Krishna's. He helped write be here now. It's funny. He had nothing to do with any growing religion or ideology beyond that. None of them had that in mind. They all just wanted to meet Baba ram das' guru. Then they wrote a book. Beyond that it was all the readers... Careful what you write I guess.

Be Here Now is a great book, with a lot of good advice.

The one problem is that the form of existence that it spouses ignores our carnal nature, as do many other spiritual teachings.

In addition being here now doesn't work very well for anything to be accomplished out of immediate existence. If I was only existing in the moment i would not study for tests and would surely fail my classes. Thus being here now can trap ones in the present state and prevent ones natural evolution as a person.

Also, and I think this is the most significant flaw with being here now, the teachings totally ignore our intelect and focus rather on our emotional selves thereby ignoring our greatest strength as a species, thought.

overall I do try follow Eckhart Tolle's suggestion that we get out of the past and ignore the future.

It's all sort of Tao really

Be Here Now is a great book, with a lot of good advice.

The one problem is that the form of existence that it spouses ignores our carnal nature, as do many other spiritual teachings.

In addition being here now doesn't work very well for anything to be accomplished out of immediate existence. If I was only existing in the moment i would not study for tests and would surely fail my classes. Thus being here now can trap ones in the present state and prevent ones natural evolution as a person.

Also, and I think this is the most significant flaw with being here now, the teachings totally ignore our intelect and focus rather on our emotional selves thereby ignoring our greatest strength as a species, thought.

overall I do try follow Eckhart Tolle's suggestion that we get out of the past and ignore the future.

It's all sort of Tao really

I agree to an extent with your prognosis. Yet, I will contend that your pointed "flaws" are exactly the strength of their teaching. They are pointing out that our "natural evolution" as you say, has veered and is not in a direction compatible with our surroundings. Tests, promotions, jobs even, are distractions from our intended path. "Intelligence" as you state, has contended with "emotion". Emotion has successfully held the reigns of nearly every successful species you can name. The evolution of our planet is planning no further than next season. We are considering generations that we should never even meet. Our Intelligence is strangely working against the fortification of our gene pool. My uncle is accomplished at living to a degree I envy. He is not obsessed with planning, or agendas. It's almost surprising when he buys tickets and takes trips, because it seems so planny. But I love speaking with him because he dedicates his attention on our discussion in a way I am not used to, nor capable of matching. He is fiscally self-reliant as an artist. Lives off the grid. Grows food. He is not a Hari Krishna. And chuckles at what he sees resulting from his pilgrimage in the 60's. If he were the CEO of Nestlé, he would not be half the man that he is now.

My point that I've strayed from is: I think you missed the point of the book. Emotion is contending with intellect. Emotion is extremely effective at evolving a species. It does not, at all ignore our carnal nature. Quite the opposite. And while I think our new intelligent pants we wear may reward us in many ways, it damns us as a species, and often as individuals.

Lao, I agree that you are intelligent. You piss me off at times, but that does not speak to your level of intelligence. You can be cocky and arrogant. But that may just be online, not sure. But if I were looking for an apprentice, those are two qualities that would counteract intelligence. I'd expect a person with less potential could slip by you if they appeared to be a more apt pupil.

( Eckhart Tolle). Thanks for the suggested reading. I've not read his book(s).

Everything is the devil to you, Mama!

Well, I like school, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good!

And by the way, Mama. "Alligators" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

And I like Vicki, and she like me back! And she showed me her boobies a,a,a,a,and I like them too!

• Like 3

North Americans are just slobs when they eat in their cars. Remember when there were those seat-belt failures here in Jap made cars? The makers said it was from spilled food like McD fries stuck in the mechanism and I believe it. People were outraged...but it was true. If you don't eat on your new couch why on your good car seats?

A little late but who said eating in the car? I ment anything water, oil, you shit your pants. And what did you say about North Americans?!

A little late but who said eating in the car? I ment anything water, oil, you shit your pants. And what did you say about North Americans?!

Far and away people are more likely to eat and drink in a car and spill something than shit their pants. BTW water doesn't usually leave stains.

• Like 1

I was going to stick the camera all up in butthole like i'm supposed to  for artsy fartsy pictures and shit.( per pyramid lickers arbitrary  rules) ........ BUT that shit was almost drug to the scrap yard hanging off the back of trailer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, like it is in oic.

IMG_2501_zps2c06ae5f.jpg

IMG_2502_zps17d2d21f.jpg

BTW ,,,,, any,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and i mean,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ANY,,,,,,,,,,,  circular Italian food gets sent to me this weekend,,,,,, A. no one will EVER pick it up........ B.  You're a fucking dead man.

seriously ,,,,,,,,, i will fucking kill your whole family ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, while you watch.

You're lucky I didn't see this Nanner........reeeeal lucky.. :sneaky:  :devil:

The Ant man knows how hard i'm frowning...  

Ever watch James Bond ,,"Live and let die" ?    Antony is that Voodoo skeleton muther fucker,,,,,,,,,,,

i   shit   you    not

Who needs pizza??

Don't forget my ancestry.............

tutankhamun_zps14ced909.jpg

• Like 1