traffic laws, tickets, and datsun.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Thats true.  They saw sick620s small, and nailed him for all three.

Dude going from idaho to washington said he got pulled over for no rear plate light and no bumper... I've ran no bumper on my trucks for years, never had issues. I bet it was the no plate light that got him. I've been pulled over many times for the plate light thing (either the light burned out or it didn't work) It's a reason for them to pull you over to get you for all of it.

Look legal stay outta trouble kid :D

Last time I got pulled over in a Datto was 20 years ago I think :confused: . No seatbelt, it was a 78 LB so it had shoulder belts. That was only $5. The kicker was the no insurance ticket. I learned real quick.

I been cruising around Boise here for almost a year now rockin the Oregon plates and no shoulder belts. Getting my moneys worth out of them. I know I will have to pay a late fee or something when I do switch but oh well.

Cops see me rollin they look the other way....prolly cuz I can't keep up with the 75mph speed limit on the fwy :rofl:

• Like 1

Hey man. IDK about there.. Oregon charges you up to an extra 50 bucks if you transfer title after 2 weeks or something. BUT! Not if from out of state :rofl:  So I can transfer title whenever I want and they won't add any extra fees to the transfer. Its expensive already tho, 200 bucks for out of state title transfer/plates/inspection/registration.

Hey man. IDK about there.. Oregon charges you up to an extra 50 bucks if you transfer title after 2 weeks or something. BUT! Not if from out of state :rofl:  So I can transfer title whenever I want and they won't add any extra fees to the transfer. Its expensive already tho, 200 bucks for out of state title transfer/plates/inspection/registration.

Faaaaakkkk!! Yeah I lived in eastern Oregon for 8 years and the fees are crazy. Idaho is a lil cheaper

The vast majority of drug busts result from minor infraction pull-overs.

And, NO, you do not have to consent to a vehicle search unless they waste their time waking a pissed off judge and getting a search warrant.  Also the US Constitution states that the warrant must be issued by a judge based on the testimony of a witness [so much for phone-in shit] and stating the property to be searched and the item or items to be siezed a nicety almost always ignored.  ACLU might be interested in persuing one of these since they have no other valid reason to exist!

And, NO, you do not have to consent to a vehicle search unless they waste their time waking a pissed off judge and getting a search warrant.  Also the US Constitution states that the warrant must be issued by a judge based on the testimony of a witness [so much for phone-in shit] and stating the property to be searched and the item or items to be siezed a nicety almost always ignored.  ACLU might be interested in persuing one of these since they have no other valid reason to exist!

Except when there is probable cause (ie, leave your crack pipe out of plain view) 

Also, in certain states, California for instance, when an officer may inspect your engine compartment if he believes there it is not in compliance with vehicle codes. So, if you are a drug mule, don't put your shit in the engine compartment!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Rules...

Are put there to keep us all in line..

they are broken all the time.we all pay the price in the learning curve(we just get smarter,when we get "older")

Except when there is probable cause (ie, leave your crack pipe out of plain view) 

Also, in certain states, California for instance, when an officer may inspect your engine compartment if he believes there it is not in compliance with vehicle codes. So, if you are a drug mule, don't put your shit in the engine compartment!

Its not beyond the police to lie for PC either. I got arrested when I was 19 for possession. Cop asked me if he could search I said no, he then began searching anyway and as I reaffirmed my answer was no he pulled tobacco bits off the carpet claiming it was weed. Then the real search began and he found a tiny nug under my seat I didnt even know was there. In preparing for the case I found the cop stated in the report he saw the nug on my dash which gave him the PC to search. My lawyer subpoenaed the video and some how it was "missing". 

Ya I drive with weed just hanging out on my dash all the time. Don't you? lol 

I paid 1.5k and spent 6 months pissing into a cup. Two cops lied and falsified evidence. Over fucking 3 dollars worth of weed at best. Your rights dont mean a damn thing in small instances, they can get away with w/e they want.... 

Tell you what I've learned so much in the 10 years since then. Like night and day. Dont even roll my window down but a crack to give them my info and the whole 9. Bring the dogs, doors stay locked until you show me a warrant etc... 

Until a year of so ago, I had an old ratty 72 Chevy pickup. It had headers into glasspacks with pipes that dumped out the side of the bed. The rear sat a bit higher and I had some old mag wheels on it. I got pulled over a few times just because of the whole vibe of that truck. I think I had a tag light out once. I never received a ticket. They would pull me over, ask me a bunch of questions and do a search. One officer was completely perplexed as to why my bench seat didn't fold forward. I told him it was because the gas tank was behind the seat. He didn't believe me until I showed him where the gas cap was on the cab :geek:

• Like 1

The stuff that academies are producing today is embarrassing and frightening.Back in the day,if you were a screw up,you washed out.See ya!But today,they get "recycled".I know of a female that hired on with TPD that recycled FOUR TIMES.And they put her on the street.

Do they still pay for people to go through police acedemy or does a person come out of their own pocket for it?

My girlfriends son is going through the academy in Florida. He has to pay. If he gets "picked up" from a department, they will offset some of the cost. He has yet to be picked up. He graduates next week.

did you dump the police chiefs daughter? that never helps FYI 

my son actually did that about four years ago and badly. left money on her dresser when he broke up with her. said she earned it.

the few times I know for a fact I have been harassed involved my Datsun, i.e., "your insurance initially came back as lapsed" (have had progressive for seven years with no lapses), "couldn't read your tag sticker" (huh, well you were parked in the median of a four lane facing north at twilight as I drove by going south in the slow lane and okie plates are only on the back so I'm sure you couldn't) and even, "your vanity plate isn't showing up in the DMV records but you can go ahead and drive it - just be careful" - went right to the local tag agent who ran it, shook his head and said, "no, it's in the system. has been for four months". no tickets though. also I do drive like a grandpa........

The vast majority of drug busts result from minor infraction pull-overs.

yup. I worked with a guy who was a 22 year vet of the AZ hi-po. the biggest weed bust he ever scored stemmed (pun intended) from following a "suspicious" car for miles!!! before he finally came up with some BS to pull the guy over. What was said BS???? Well, he noticed the "suspect" car had...........air shocks............which suggested that the car <might> have "improperly aimed headlights". he flipped on his reds and blues and spread the love.

^^ Thats true.  They saw sick620s small, and nailed him for all three.

Dude going from idaho to washington said he got pulled over for no rear plate light and no bumper... I've ran no bumper on my trucks for years, never had issues. I bet it was the no plate light that got him. I've been pulled over many times for the plate light thing (either the light burned out or it didn't work) It's a reason for them to pull you over to get you for all of it.

Look legal stay outta trouble kid :D

It was me. But it didn't help the car was wondering all over the road and no muffler. there was a few things I could have got a ticket for but all I got was warning. Izzo I don't have the truck it was in the 710 goon I have. I guess the cop gave me a break since I was in the process of moving to Washington

• 2 weeks later...