Help i'm new!

Hello guys, so after a long search for one of my dream cars i finally found one 72 510 4 door. Now the fun begins finding parts for it! I was curious if you guys could help me find some. The previous owner swaped a 5 speed tranny from what he said he thought was a 81-83 nissain truck but when he put the motor back in he leveled it which makes the carb at a very big angle so the float bowl is not being filled properly so at low rpms it sputters really bad, so i thought i would just take the motor mounts off and put it where it is supposed to be... WRONG the guys chopped up the orignal motor mount brackets to all hell so now I need new ones to make this right. I have check multiple salvage yards and found nothing.. can anyone help me out? also would like a place where i can buy other things like a nice radiator and other things like that, i want this reliable its going to be my daily... If it helps i live in San Diego CA. thanks guys

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow those are really hacked. There was a guy recently in the classifieds here that had some 510 motor mount brackets that you need. He was in Washington but he may ship em to you. Your next problem will be properly fitting the trans/swapping the bell housing or get used to the shifter being at a funny angle. OR find an L series trans.

Thanks guys now the fun part is finding them! I would think san diego would have a few placed but everywhere I look nothing! so ill just con. to keep looking because babying the throtle to get it going out of first is really starting to get to me... AND I LIKE MY ROPE TIE DOWN ON MY BATTERY! =) 

Punch something like this into browser-- L16 510 motor mounts for sale--  and add the word ratsun at the end it might bring up old ads ( rewording it around should bring different ads and such).. If the person is selling whole engine because they are engine swapping ,,you could always offer to buy just the mounts.... I add the word Ratsun to every search

if you get engine pointed in right direction it sounds like you will still need to do this,, it`s really not as hard as it looks to be at first..

clickity clickity

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/28473-how-to-put-together-a-shortshaft-5-speed-for-a-l20b/

there's a few options for radiators out there...

1. you can rod out the one that's in there which could be cheaper than buying another one.

2. koyo makes an all aluminum replacement which is really nice.

3. vw rabbit radiators have been known to be acceptable replacements, but those are probably in need of some TLC since they've been in service for quite a while...

plus a list of parts that you need can help us help you!

koyo makes an all aluminum replacement which is really nice.

They do ? where at to look for sale?

Update: found it

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/KOY-HH022598

I have a set of stamped engine mounts. maybe 2 but rather give it to soembody I know thats been in the scene for awhile..

My past luck is a give the parts away to only a few months later the car is broke sold off or on its way to the junk yard.

Get the battery hold down. Why? its a sign of cheapness. If a person cant spen 10$ on something as important than a battery hold down to keep the battery from going fwd and shorting out on the hood(fire) then he isnt going to spend money on the car in general.

PS I still like the car! hope its not your daily driver. Cause its going to need some down time to get it right.

lol yea i know man i was jk this weekend I plan to do alot of work on the car and as soon as I get that tie down and oil filter ill take pics! ill even take request of what kind u guys want me to buy lets hear it!

Just use a bit of common sense.

Like Hainz (and I) said, battery clamp shouldn't cost you too much, and, good, cheap safety investment!

I've got no idea about fram filters as we don't get them here.

Safety, safety, safety!, and then spend money on other stuff!