How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also can someone advise which fuel pipe to attach the feed to and which is the return. Fuel is not getting trough to the injectors but we can hear them clicking, is there a valve/solenoid that would stop the fuel flow please.

Is your fuel pump turning on? it should "prime" when you turn the IG s/w to ON. Please reply through PM so we don't bump this thread with spam.

• 5 months later...

Stupid question. Ka24e into a 71 goon (possibly fragged ecu) SO when i wire everything up the ecu should power up the fuel pump relay with the blk/pnk wire. My ecu is not. So do i have a roached ecu or am i reading this diagram wrong.  Also do i wire the orange wire onto the starter lug or the single wire coming off the solenoid?

• Like 1

I usually re do the engine harness removing crap I don't need and pull the black with white back into the engine bay.  On some datsuns it powers multiple items so it's important not to cut it just tap into it.  That looks like the right wire to me.  

I'm not 100% sure on the tach.  I've wired a few but seem to have the best luck pulling the signal off the negative side of the coil.  

Can you use the tach signal from the KA ECU to wire in an aftermarket tach?

And is this the black white stripe wire I am supposed to tap into?

CCB1EB14-AB34-45FF-AF19-4D9E12A50443_zps

Thanks!

• Like 1

Icehouse,

I got something to pick your brain.  I have a sr20det in my 510 and today i hooked up my battery to my car, it currently has a can am box, but i noticed the middle relay (green led) stayed on with the ignition turned off. I started messing around with the wires to see which one was giving it juice.  Its the ECCS LSS red w/ black wire from the ecu harness, i put a volt meter to it and it seems to a ground, is it suppose to be a ground or power wire?.... I do have an aftermarket ecu that i recently changed out from the stock (about 2 weeks ago) btw don't know if that matters or not. Its a megasquirt pnp for the sr. Let me know what you think. Thanks man. Great box and i love it!! been running it for over 3 yrs now.

• Like 1

Below is the wires i have cut and will depin. The XXX's are questionable and my KA is auto not manual. Is there more that i can do? because my wiring loom top and bottom is stick very thick and not slim as i would like or seen on some of you senior members. Any help is well appreciated and thanks ahead.

240sxharnesspinoutx3.jpg

has anyone documented a unnecessary wire delete to completion ? 

• Like 1

Icehouse,

I got something to pick your brain.  I have a sr20det in my 510 and today i hooked up my battery to my car, it currently has a can am box, but i noticed the middle relay (green led) stayed on with the ignition turned off. I started messing around with the wires to see which one was giving it juice.  Its the ECCS LSS red w/ black wire from the ecu harness, i put a volt meter to it and it seems to a ground, is it suppose to be a ground or power wire?.... I do have an aftermarket ecu that i recently changed out from the stock (about 2 weeks ago) btw don't know if that matters or not. Its a megasquirt pnp for the sr. Let me know what you think. Thanks man. Great box and i love it!! been running it for over 3 yrs now.

It didn't do that before did it?  MS doesn't run constant power to the injectors like the factory ECU does.  See if you unplug the ECU BUP if the problem goes away.  If it does just move that wire to ECCS 1, 2, or 3  Whichever isn't being used.  

• Like 1

It didn't do that before did it?  MS doesn't run constant power to the injectors like the factory ECU does.  See if you unplug the ECU BUP if the problem goes away.  If it does just move that wire to ECCS 1, 2, or 3  Whichever isn't being used.  

Nope didn't do it before the new ecu swap.  Also i unplugged the ECU BUP wire and it still stayed on.  The only way i have been turning it off is either disconnecting the ECCS LSS red/ black wire from the can am box or just pulling the ground off the battery. Any other ideas?? Thanks.

• Like 1

Here is some more KA-DE info that might be handy to someone doing a swap.

These are things you can remove from the engine and wiring harness and still have the car function perfectly:

"-Crank angle sensor (located on transmission bell housing -S14 models)''

can this be removed from 93' s13 harness without causing problems?

• Like 1

Nope didn't do it before the new ecu swap.  Also i unplugged the ECU BUP wire and it still stayed on.  The only way i have been turning it off is either disconnecting the ECCS LSS red/ black wire from the can am box or just pulling the ground off the battery. Any other ideas?? Thanks.

I'm going to email the Megasquirt guys and see what they say.   

• Like 1

Here is some more KA-DE info that might be handy to someone doing a swap.

These are things you can remove from the engine and wiring harness and still have the car function perfectly:

"-Crank angle sensor (located on transmission bell housing -S14 models)''

can this be removed from 93' s13 harness without causing problems?

The 93 also has that sensor?  Weird.  I always just get ride of it on the S14 and haven't had any issues.  

• Like 2