How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think the s13 has it on the trans I read somewhere it supposedly on the block but I just can't seem to find the info, the FSM for 93 has it in the diagram ... I think... I have been looking at all kinds of diagrams I don't remember I had to walk away from it for a while lol

haha  

• Like 1

Icehouse,

I got something to pick your brain.  I have a sr20det in my 510 and today i hooked up my battery to my car, it currently has a can am box, but i noticed the middle relay (green led) stayed on with the ignition turned off. I started messing around with the wires to see which one was giving it juice.  Its the ECCS LSS red w/ black wire from the ecu harness, i put a volt meter to it and it seems to a ground, is it suppose to be a ground or power wire?.... I do have an aftermarket ecu that i recently changed out from the stock (about 2 weeks ago) btw don't know if that matters or not. Its a megasquirt pnp for the sr. Let me know what you think. Thanks man. Great box and i love it!! been running it for over 3 yrs now.

Figured it out.   I'll PM you.  No issue with the can/am box.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

there are 2 plug on the KA24DE harness that look like that. INDY510 is correct, one of them goes to the temp sending unit for your temp gauge (1 wire sensor).

The other one is very similar and plugs into a male "tab" connector (for lack of a better term) at the ignition coil. At the coil you will have your coil wire, a larger 2-3 wire connector and then a small connector just like this one.

• Like 1

Ok so i have an 85 nissan 720 truck with a vg30et from a 300zx. i bought the can/am box from icehouse  a few years ago and am having some trouble figuring it out. i have hooked stuff up from a pin out and diagrams but seem to not be getting power. does anything ground to the can/am box/ and how does the two pink wires hook up, they come from the tps sensor? im kinda lost and could use some help.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply guys. When it comes to fabrication and mechanical work I'm pretty good but wiring is just not my thing. The more I read through this thread the more confused I seem to get while taking it all in. Maby I just over complicate the shit out of things? So I have started hooking up what I think is correct from diagrams and a video but I'm stuck as how to Finnish. I'm not getting power to the ecu or the fuel pump relay, the other two I am. I found a few ecu pin outs on xenonz31 but the year 86 is not the turbo model and I found differences between mine and the pin out. I have a giant map of a diagram for the eccs wiring that matches mine and is from the fsm but I don't fully understand what I'm doing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm bringing this one back from the dead. I seem to be having a similar problem. I have the relays hooked up using icehouse's diagram. The orange wire from the ecu is hooked up to the black/yellow wire coming from the solenoid. I checked to see if I had an issue with it losing 12v during startup and it seems fine. Now my problem is that I'm not getting signal from the ecu to turn on the fuel pump and ECCS. I have continuity on all wires and the starter cranks. Just no fuel pump or signal from the ecu. What gives? I already replaced the relays and checked all the fuses. When jump a ground to the 85 on the fuel relay it activates, soothe relay is good. Where else can I look? I'm getting close to my wit's end on this one. The grounds on the ecu are fine also. SOS!!!

Similar issues

^ The only time that happens is if the ECU has been hooked up wrong and that circuit is burned out.   Or its more likely you forgot a wire.  There is two grounds on the intake did you get BOTH of them?  

I had a similar issue.... Due to me making my own "box" through trial and error and getting creative. During this process, i'm pretty sure I melted the fuel circuit in the ECU.

I decided to run fuel pump through it's own relay and switch that I controlled. While others don't recommend this, I don't care.... I thought of it as a kill switch.

The only reason doing it that was is "bad" is because when/if you roll the car the fuel pump will continue to pump even if the engine stalls.  I've done the same thing with bad ECU's.  Sometimes it's easier to do that then to do anything else.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...