How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

Run all the coil power through the tach then it will work.  Is this for your CA18DET?  If so just tie the blue with red strip into the tach and the switched power into the other side.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Run all the coil power through the tach then it will work.  Is this for your CA18DET?  If so just tie the blue with red strip into the tach and the switched power into the other side.  

Yessir. The thing about it is, the tach recieves power(red wire), ground(black wire), and then there is the wire that loops and runs through the inductive pickup(white wire). It has 2 ends that meet in a plug. Would I run the blue with red strip to the white wire somehow? Or come up with something different..

Yeah one of the white wires (doesn't matter which one) run the blue with red stripe and the other white wire feed it power with the stock coil power wire (black with white stripe).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys

Has any one wired a S15 SR20DE ECU code NN

I am having a few issues with the wiring side of things, I wired it all up seems to work ok i.e. fuel pump working ECU relay working

but its not getting a decent spark, its sort of spark once then stops for a bit them start up again when it feels like it.

Also the Dizy wiring is getting pretty hot... Which I am pretty sure isn't meant to happen :) I was thinking that there was an earth wrong of a power feed wrong but when I trace it back I cant find anything wrong with it.. its doing my head in!!!!!

Does any one have any info as to what I need to hook up?

Current I have

Factory ECU relay with and Ing feed and to turn it on and a 12v feed

Fuel pump relay which is working and

The ECCS is hooked up

With the browns for the sensors injectors have power etc.

So what I am missing come on some one must have done it

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know off the top of their head which(if any) of these wires are not necessary to a CA swap into an older Datsun?

ECU_CA18DET.jpg

I ask because I'm dealing with a harness that has been cut off at the ECU plug, and the less wires I have to track down and splice back together with the other harness segments, the better. Thanks!

I'm not sure if I got an answer or not. I think not.

I'm thinking I could remove without any consequence:

32?

33?

47?

58?

Any others I can trim out? Or are any of those no-no's to delete.. thanks guys :)

So where exactly do i get one of these CAN/AM's, please forgive me if i read over it. thank you!

Read over? dude it's in the first fucking page  :confused:

Aaaaannnd..... It cost about $30, a six pack of beer, 11 wires, 3 relays, 4 fuses, and 2 hours and you can make your own.

Although, Icehouse has made a great product and does give good support!

Hey my name is Mike and I have an s13 coupe with an s13 blacktop swap. I took it out of one car to put into another and the new car had no chassis harness.. I put everything on switches but I guess that's no good..got spark got crank and got fuel but no start...I need help lol

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed thinking about swapping in a ka24de into my 74 datsun 620 and was looking at this and I like the idea that I will make wiring that much easier and less of a headache if you could back to me with a price thanks

Price was $150. It's on the first page... Icehouse makes a great product and stands by his word, but It's not that difficult to wire up.3 relays, 4 fuses, 11 wires, and a 6 pack of beer you'll have you KA running.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Not to bump a old topic but his CAN/AM box was the best purchase I made. I literally, reach him throughout any time of the day lol and I can ask questions. Took me only 10 minutes to wire this thing up with the box. It cleans up the mess of having fuses and relays and eliminates the use of other connectors that can easily be overlooked. It also has the light to let you know if a fuse is blown, bad connection, etc.

This helped me eliminate so many wires, and connections and shaved tons of time. Sure you can go make your own seperate relay harness and fuse it and etc but is it really worth the time & effort to make it clean, tucking all the wires, securing the connections, troubleshooting bad connections, and etc. It's much easier for me to just spend the couple bucks for the CAN/AM box, and 10 wires later my car is running.

He does not hesitate to respond to my text msgs, I literally bug him for every little question I have and he's been nothing but patient with me.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

my wiring harness does not match ecu pinout diagram I find on the web should I follow icehouse diagram to a T and ignore ecu diagram

As long as the wire colors match the ECU pins I would say yes.  Each drawing has ECU pin and wire color.  

Price was $150. It's on the first page... Icehouse makes a great product and stands by his word, but It's not that difficult to wire up.3 relays, 4 fuses, 11 wires, and a 6 pack of beer you'll have you KA running.

In some cases you are right, most I mean most people don't like or understand wiring, let alone care to learn.  True it may only be 11 wires and a few fuses and relays......  A really good buddy of mine is an amazing fabricator, and painter and fixer of anything EXCEPT wiring.  I wired his KA harness for him with a can/am box and labeled the wires.  It still took him 4 days to get the wiring straightened out!  He would call and text all day and just seem very frustrated.  So yes for some it's easy, for others they just want there shit to run and could care less about how a relay works.  Others just want the wiring to look clean and make trouble shooting easy.  Then there is a small group of guys like you that will spend a day at the wreckers grabbing fuse holders relays and wire, pay next to nothing for all the supplies and spend the next week after work hooking it all up.  Yes you only spent 8 bucks on the supplies and 60 bucks on a weeks worth of beer we would have bought anyways.  I've personally wired more EFI systems than you can imagine and I will never go back to point to point.  Time consuming and looks like shit.  It can be cheap though.  

Not to bump a old topic but his CAN/AM box was the best purchase I made. I literally, reach him throughout any time of the day lol and I can ask questions. Took me only 10 minutes to wire this thing up with the box. It cleans up the mess of having fuses and relays and eliminates the use of other connectors that can easily be overlooked. It also has the light to let you know if a fuse is blown, bad connection, etc.

This helped me eliminate so many wires, and connections and shaved tons of time. Sure you can go make your own seperate relay harness and fuse it and etc but is it really worth the time & effort to make it clean, tucking all the wires, securing the connections, troubleshooting bad connections, and etc. It's much easier for me to just spend the couple bucks for the CAN/AM box, and 10 wires later my car is running.

He does not hesitate to respond to my text msgs, I literally bug him for every little question I have and he's been nothing but patient with me. 

Thanks for the kind words :)  I have most of the EFI stuff memorized which makes it easy to help out.  I'm just always happy to hear someone get there EFI Datsun going.  There is nothing more exciting than taking a Datsun with a motor swap and an open header down the road for the first time!  Anything I can do to help someone get to that point I do.  Plus I remember back when I did my first EFI swap and what a bitch some things were to figure out.  If only I could have just ask someone a few quick questions.  That would have made it so much quicker and easier!  

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...