Its been awhile since wearing these babies

p_004.jpg

20 -25 years ago you couldn't keep me off these. Early 90's I use to play hockey, hardball style.  If you dont know what that is, just google it. Lots of old videos from the vhs days.  Switch over to rollarblade/Ice type once I moved to Medford. But I still used these for those games. Lot of times, I could skate circles around the rollar bladers. LOL   Now, since Im 40, they still feel like part of me.  Found some bushings last year to fit the plates, which are long gone produced.

Reidels 155 hockey boots

Hard Candy Plates (poor man Pro-lines)

Pro-line trux

cheap bearings

Fan Jet wheels

Anybody else have pics?

Larry

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

knock three times,,,,, then one of my wheels broke apart. Saw the ball bearings rolling ahead of me, then the floor guard caught me before I set my skate down. Then there was the time I was learning to skate backwards, rolled up gum wrapper on the floor. I still have a flat spot on the back of my head. Wood floors the best for roller skating. 

Roller skates skip a generation. I remember kindergarten in the mid fifties and skates were in. Then the sixties nothing when I was a teen. Late 70s disco skating then nothing until the inline skates in the late 80s??? Oh well at least I didn't 'ring my bell' and have all my marbles.

When I was 5-6 yrs old my family had skates like these it was handed down through my siblings(5kids) and when it got to me(im the youngest) it was just one shoe not a pair anymore. So i flattened the top and sat on it then rode around it power sliding around the living room. Got confident enough to ride it outside on the streets doing like 10mph downhill from one block to another towing a little dolly loaded with other toys and food. People playing basketball on the street laughing at me as i pass them. if my father knew this he would kick my ass. Im from the Island of the Philippines SHIT GETS REAL!!!

HERES RAINBOW!!! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5naU8HDe04

• Like 1

8 years old.  red satin jacket with, blue piping, high cut flair jeans with  roller skates embroidered on the back where the pockets should be... 100 percent polyester t shirt with buck rogers on the front....Stardust Roller Rink, Surrey BC 1978.  Nazareth blaring through humming woofers... 

I used to love to skate as a kid/teenager in the early 80's. I had a pair of black speed skates almost exactly like those. Never tried roller blades,never wanted too either. I could do all kinds of tricks, skated fast too! They wouldn't fit my feet anymore now though.

i know im kinda young but i can tell you that in (raleigh) north carolina

roller skating rinks/rings were pretty popular growing up in the 90s (elementary/middle school.)

spent a lot of bdays (mine & others) and field trips at a few of em.