1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

well back from stfu.........this post is care of DAKOTACHORE........thanks man there nice pieces and im rolling mirrored again .....

2013-02-25225757_zpse8e119a4.jpg

2013-02-25225748_zpsb35ad7e2.jpg

2013-02-25225739_zpscc8c8ae6.jpg

drivers door has one screw hole protruding from under the base.... but then again i dented the fuck out of the door wheni ripped the old mirror off like a tool, so its worth it ...i love love love these mirrors and will definately be finding a set for the goon...drovwe around inthe dark checking my blindspots in the dark last night ... took my daughter for a little drive we ...glad i didn't get pulled over at 10 pm with a giant three year old wearing nothing but under wear and a t shirt and no car seat....(few blocks around the neighborhood..)

it was a fucking debacle to get the u joints out ....like 5 hours .....maybe this weekend i will put it in.......gonna powder coat it and get some new u joints .,.......still need to check if the slip yoke dust shield will fit over the 720 tail housing ...other wise i guess i will use my 4 sp wierdo slip yoke off my 4 sp.....its the bolt on yoke running a freeze plug in the end.....

maybe i should pm wayno and see if he has a source photo of a 720 front driveshaft yoke to see if there even similar to the one off the 520 shaft.....its identical to my 620 one i have ......but not sure if the 720 one is the same

it was a fucking debacle to get the u joints out ....like 5 hours .....maybe this weekend i will put it in.......gonna powder coat it and get some new u joints .,.......still need to check if the slip yoke dust shield will fit over the 720 tail housing ...other wise i guess i will use my 4 sp wierdo slip yoke off my 4 sp.....its the bolt on yoke running a freeze plug in the end.....

maybe i should pm wayno and see if he has a source photo of a 720 front driveshaft yoke to see if there even similar to the one off the 520 shaft.....its identical to my 620 one i have ......but not sure if the 720 one is the same

I believe that all the L series and napZ series 4 and 5 speed slip yokes are basically the same except for the yokes on the early 4 speeds that have the hole in the end with the nut holding them on.

This is a 720 yoke.

DSCN1027.JPG

DSCN1028.JPG

DSCN1030.JPG

nice looks the same as mine ........i will post a pic in the morning for reference when i get to the shop in  the am....

ratsuners...fyi ..... didnt even need to pm wayno ... his help radar sounded and boom pics provided ..thank u sir i definately wont steal...errrrrr..... forget to send back one metal ash tray for your 521 dashs

nice looks the same as mine ........i will post a pic in the morning for reference when i get to the shop in  the am....

ratsuners...fyi ..... didnt even need to pm wayno ... his help radar sounded and boom pics provided ..thank u sir i definately wont steal...errrrrr..... forget to send back one metal ash tray for your 521 dashs

They have GPS markers embedded in them.  :lol:

I am using a 521 plastic one in my 521KC right now, that is what the 3rd one is for, that is why I checked the color against my dash top.

I believe that all the L series and napZ series 4 and 5 speed slip yokes are basically the same except for the yokes on the early 4 speeds that have the hole in the end with the nut holding them on.

This is a 720 yoke.

DSCN1027.JPG

DSCN1028.JPG

DSCN1030.JPG

The automatic is the same as the 4 & 5 speed

This is a 720 yoke.

DSCN1027.JPG

DSCN1028.JPG

DSCN1030.JPG

2013-02-28105716_zpsff4c30be.jpg

2013-02-28105725_zpsd1235755.jpg

well what do u think ...looks pretty close ....i was gonna take a pic with a tape measure stretched out but cant find my lucky tape.. maybe after i take the kid to school

better angles shows maybe the same ... close enough to ttry.....this slip yoke is from a 67 520....but is gonna be used n my 720 tail shaft

2013-03-01082523_zps8e1ca77c.jpg

2013-03-01082511_zps3fef08b4.jpg

2013-03-01082515_zps3a342221.jpg

on a rc note ... went racing and literally caught my stock buggy on fire ..... battery lead on speedo side grounded on chassis and let all the magic smoke out and then caught ablaze... stayed and raced my mod buggy but this was a bummer....120 speedo burned up ....

2013-03-01082550_zps04405c7d.jpg

2013-03-01082556_zps25de9bf1.jpg

add it to the growing number of burned up speedos i need to send it for repair and or upgrade....sigh..

..2013-03-01083920_zpsbb22097b.jpg