1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

Tail dragging is all the rage.... My bagged trucks always run around a little droopy out back.....it's more of a function thing then form..... Less psi in a bag over axle config will bet u a smooth as caddy ride..... Funny most people think we are copying the old low rider ways.... Not true 1 ..... It takes more pressure to lift the front but more so u gotta run it high to turn on those big rims.....I run it super low out back cause I love seeing a wheel disapear behind sheet metal and re appear on the other side.... And when not in town I run the front as low as. Possible and on raise it for right hand corners.... 2. It rides best with low psi out back since mini trucks and even full size don't have a lot of weight out back..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hes got one. But, its on some obscure network you probly haven't heard about it yet...

And jcock wants me to post this for him...

IMG953664_zpsa7906135.jpg

My honky next to his freshly washed and newly lowerd 521... rub it in much???

so jelly. but seriously these look great!

well i ripped my mirror off dented my door and driven the truck that's about it...i need to fix e brakes cables make new mounts .,.. scored a driveline but it took me 4 hours to get one u joint out....soaked in pb blaster for the last two days...hoping ths one is easier ........i shoulda just tired the driveline the way it was since im probably gonna have to massage the cab when i put it in

well the night before i weas working on the rear of the truck and had it backed in the garage all siedways ... well before i went to bed i kicked it in neutral and wiggled back into its proper garage spot so when my wife got home at 430 am she could park in the garage...awww what a nice guy...well the next morning when i get up to leave at 6 am.....me being the curtious fucker i am push my truck out of the garage and start it once the doors closed ....our bedroom shares a wall with the garage so i try and let my wife sleep since she works nights...welll i went to push it out and forgot i hadnt straightened the wheel out the night before .. and before i noticed the wheels were cocked i had pushed it half way out the door ...so it was the door up against the side of the garage door opening ...i finally saw what the fuck i was doing and stopped, little house paint on the body line no big deal ...so here's the lazy part ... i just brazenly pulld it back in well with the wheels cocked it swung the mirror behind the door openeing it caught on the edge and broke the rear mount of then peeled it back and in one failed motion it broke the screw and launched my side view mirror literally across the drive way ... it was all the way out by the road...well before the second screw broke it leveraged a huge dent in the area of the front mounting hole./...thats the fucking worse part.....the dent ... fuck the mirror...i mena the doors not perfect but now i got a big wtf in the top of it.....oh well i guess,,...its a pretty strong part of the door so popping it back out wont be pretty and secondly there's virtually no access for anyone but a elf to the inside of the door anyway....im a fucking idiot for not just grabbing the floor jack and pulling the truck laterally off the door opening....i was lazy and this is what i have to show for it....

0D0D782C-DD87-4600-8D09-84C2E89DD4A7-700

it wasnt a good day all the way around .... went to chehalis for my nephews district basketball game...took the 97 tahoe ...when i got off the free way i heard a clicking on decel....paid no mind..... watched the game witthe daughter.....they lost .... when i left i went and grabbed some food then got some gas well while i was pumping i thought i would take a look underneath ...didn't find anything ... went to finish up my gas and looked down and saw one lug nut exposed way more then the other...grabbed it holy shit four of the 5 were finger tight ... i hadn't had a wheel off in years ....of course the stock wrench wouldnt fit my custom wheels ...nor would four other cars i asked to borrow there wrenches...fuck me ... its 930 at night all my family had left earlier ....called my buddy and he and his old lady(literally and figuratively) road tripped the wrx down to me to bring me some tools....so taylor and i watched dispicable me on the head unit while we waited for their arrival....jacked it up tightened the wheels and off we went ... yes i checked the other wheels too ... all good ..i assume its just the aluminum wheel expanding and contracting loosened the nuts....pulled the wheel off today no stud damage no wheel damage....phew...

draker and izzo kept me company with loving texts about rainbows and unicorns...phixius phone finally sent me the texts he responded to me at 930 this am .... lol

A58F775D-0BE9-4CBE-B0B8-13943E7CC830-700

still got Taylor Rae home in time for bed and her slumber party....lol

F227A74F-373C-482D-9A90-BAFC826A10A5-700

Damn dude, shitty deal on the door and mirror.  But, I have no doubt that you'll get it figured out and all buttoned up like it never happened.... at some point in between all the other shit you're working on :)

Haha, is Izzo trying to point the way to the Unicorns and rainbows there?  

I have this weird paranoia after reading a few people's mention of lug nuts coming off while driving.  Every damn time I hear something bounce off the truck now I start tripping out wondering if my lug nuts are flying off.   :frantics:   And the fact that I don't currently have a jack or lug wrench helps immensely ;)

Glad to see everything worked out. Maybe you can use a stud welder to pull that dent out a bit.. mud and sand sand sand sand... paint, flag mirror and you're good!

yeah  got doors to use i just sad  i fucked up my patina being lazy....i am well versed in stud welder i got one and have saved many a panels with it...this truck has a whole another sheet metal set i was informed....so i guess i cant be too mad ... this will be saved for my 4x4 521....a cab and bed are all at my disposal ...actually its a WHOLE TRUCK LEFT OVER FROM HANS FIRST BUILD.... oops... he cut out te fender wells and it has a mint floor so it will eventually be my cab...actually the running gear from this green truck will end up onthe frame i have here and all his sheet metal too ...but thats way down  the road...once this body and frame are retired the next time u see it will be when its riding on samurai axles and31 or  33x10.50...may go toyota axles but again im not building a wheeler as much as just a clean representation of what i think a 4x4 521 should look like...ok i will wheel it but it wont be purpose built for wheeling as more purpose built for street with the ability to be very hand off road....im think sammie/tracker tranny and transfer case with a locked front sammie axle and either a selectable locker out back or some form of lsd and then a tdi vw motor...prolly running on bio diesel...i wanna get like 40 mpg on it  and be able to torque it up a tree if i want...main reason for sammie axles is the track width is perfect ...(toyotas i will have to narrow) and the ability to get front and rear axles for like 150 bux...

Damn dude, shitty deal on the door and mirror.  But, I have no doubt that you'll get it figured out and all buttoned up like it never happened.... at some point in between all the other shit you're working on :)

Haha, is Izzo trying to point the way to the Unicorns and rainbows there?  

I have this weird paranoia after reading a few people's mention of lug nuts coming off while driving.  Every damn time I hear something bounce off the truck now I start tripping out wondering if my lug nuts are flying off.   :frantics:   And the fact that I don't currently have a jack or lug wrench helps immensely  ;)

its easy to tell when a wheel is falling off... the vibration is easy to decifer... this is the first n a car... although tw summers ago while hauling my cool 70's jet boat to the lake one of my 17 cobra wheels on my boat trailer passed me int he fast lane....curbed the fuck out of it rubbing the cables in the median....my wife was like why are u slowing down just as she looked over to see a 17" wheel and tire bounce by us....then it was the game of drive alittle then stop and try and run across traffic to stop it .... took like three times and close to a mile to get the wheel back... lol...and yes i went and laughed it off launched theboat and had a fun day of boating still....stupid adapter to was loose...i felt it but it was right as it was leaving the trailer.....

man  that really sux.  but could be worse.

a while back my brother had a 71 C10 that he ripped the door off of while backing out if his long driveway at a dumb fast speed. the big ass mirror he had got caught on a tree branch and just ripped the whole gadamn thing off tommy boy style.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=2zSYie7O2bo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2zSYie7O2bo

I used to bang this in my first Mazda at lunch and the principal threatened to suspend me for disturbing class and rattlin shot off his office walls.... Instead he suspended my truck from the parking lot for the rest of the semester... 2-dual voice coil 15,s and two old school punch 150s running a epicenter ...... And the two stock 4 1/2 in the dash off deck power.... It was a db monster...the windshield would undulate a 1 1/2" when u hit the sub 30 hz notes.... At the old Ross car audio I hit 142 back in 1991..... I still love that song

hahaha. oh man that takes me back to high school too. my cousin also had 2 15's in his 85 monte carlo and we could hear him a mile away coming back from lunch. bumpin'!

this is one we used to bump in said Monte

oh snap! i feel like you and i grew up in the same era. we woulda probly hung out in high school. I was deep into lowriders.

this was my  hooptie junior and senior year. never got around to the hydraulics, but was always a big dream for me.

Scan6.jpg

hahahah yeah mini trucker but same diff.....i got a 60 impala i need to get back to its 75 percent done paint work wise...it will be more protouring then lowrider though..... im tired of caring around a lead hammer if u now what i mean....daytons son...i had a glass house for a short time....it was pimp ... followed my a84 regal for a short time too ....

glass house 1974-76 caprice.....bigger version of your impala...and more windows...

i so wanted a dancing bed but after watching dudes trash there trucks and crush cabs and stuff showing off i thought twice....i had a tilt bed one once but thats it ...

for those of u that dont know what bed dancing is....fyi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=MEPeyDKMBWs&feature=endscreen

i always thought one would be great for yard work u could spread bark with out even driving on your lawn or needing a rake....lol

i rmeber back in the day people would have contest to who could ride it out the longest in the bed

z racks for life