1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

friday after noon was a sunny day ....had a clean datto meet up and three block cruise.....lol...wasnt the same without everyone else

2013-03-08171902_zpsfeedb338.jpg

2013-03-08171941_zps31252895.jpg

2013-03-08171920_zps4c532266.jpg

2013-03-08172258_zps971822f7.jpg

frank is trying hard.....hes riding on bump stops now .......little prick shoulda went on our cruise of the westside but he hit the freeway at first chance

side note the truck is a blast to  drive with the one piece...could just be placebo but it feels quicker.....not necessarily faster but quicker.......mileage is improved too .....seems just snappier int he lower gears .....seems to rev up better through acceleration..... looking for oa 520 driveline for the red 521 now.....

tristin was nice enough to pass along a piece he wasn't gonna use for his build ....gave me a more then fair deal(no homo...) .......so its royal grip time...

2013-03-12175054_zps8082dc70.jpg

2013-03-12175129_zpsefb8364c.jpg

2013-03-12175144_zpsfccaf019.jpg

side note tristin your flicka is link broken

hmmm. I've never been a fan of interior parts matching the color of the exterior. but it's your truck so do what you like. :thumbup:

also, for some reason i thought you had a nicer seat than that.

lol my bagged mazda lave flow master shadows in the grass ......gotta be careful on dry grass though...at blue lake i was afraid my rear wheels would catch the field on fire ...stupid hung brakes made my wheels like a billion degrees....

no real up date just been dailying this thing ... prolly gonna have to address some issues from the lows i am having,,,,

in the rear there's a tube cross member that the shocks hook onto..well as low as i am the rear end center section bottoms out on the back of the pumpkin and the shocks rub on the rear end housing from the angle they are at...gonna cut the cross member loose and move it back about 4 inches....in the front the shock travel from the modded towers is awesome ....... the bottoming out steel on steel once i removed the snubbers isn't the coolest...i think once i clearance the rear it will be better ...right now its a double bang clang...on hans truck we are planning a rear shckle mount mod ...he wasnt to take the rear upper shackle mount and mount it inside the frame ....using a hole saw and then re welding it inside the frame ....should garner a 2" drop...i wont be doing this as i am already bordering how much work i done is equal to what it woulda took to just bag it ...sigh ....

drag my stock exhaust everywhere......three times on the way to auburn and back ..... anyway its where the exhaust travels under the torsion bar crossmeber...the stock exhaust was squished semi flat for clearnace but i still drag it on everything... on hans red truck a local exhaust guy was suprisingly able to route the exhaust up and over the crossmember with 2.5 tubing and have plenty of clearance for the torsion bolts and not rub either the floor or the crossmember...i took a pic but its hard to see i will get a pic of it next time its on stands...not sure i wanna spend the money onit though as he will just try and convince me to replace the exhaust....i like how quiet my truck is ...hans paid 75 bux for him to reroute the exhaust up over the crossmember....pretty fair... he has done a few trucks for me ... most recently the x pipe and flow masters on my wifes 71 blazer...again i went in for a simple fix then he convinced me to do his patented x pipe and i like it it just added a lot of cost to the job....but vic at quality muffler does a nice job .. .so its worth it

hmmm. I've never been a fan of interior parts matching the color of the exterior. but it's your truck so do what you like. :thumbup:

also, for some reason i thought you had a nicer seat than that.

which part matches the exterior.....the lower half matches the wheels .....the upper matches the valve cover.....and the seat no i have a beast of a seat....but i grabbed the s[are one at hans house last weekend so i could take my seat out and lower it ......gotta mod the center of it to fit over the driveshaft tunnel....then maybe i can cover it in something decent .....well better then a ripped beach towel

lol it doenst match either .......its more teal then green .. .i might change the color at some point... the metalics flake they applied u can feel it through the clear and its kinda sharp in a few spots too ... but i will run it this way for a while... need to source a horn button...(my first mazda i nhighs chool that looked just like this one i won now.....i ran a neon green grant steering wheel ....it was 80's tight)

don`t go making fun of my beach towel,,,,  i'll cut you man.

lol i been on the hunt for a new one since my sharp butt tore this one all up....

tristin i seen those... i like the low profile one better....nice to have a fat steering wheel again fer sure though....

some pics i loaded up the other day nothing fancy....

da drivers floor ...

2013-03-13121740_zpsce2c1ee5.jpg

hey i gots some POR15 left over from patching the sons Toyota and a shit load of strand mat ( heavy) and woven roven heavy and i think some light weight woven ( but not positive on that) ,, if you want to slap some of it down,,,, BUT !! then cutting it out might be quite a bit harder..

The shit sets up faster the more humid it is like superglue ,, so now might be a good time cuz the shit aint gonna last

it`s early release day for Tumwater and have to get one of the boys back for track practice.....That and have to wait for call about one of the twins... so not sure if feasible to get it to you today.

Oh and FREE you cheeep fucker.