1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man my minivan of science drags bottom at that 711 on Crosby ,, so not good indicator of lowness of the overzealous kind..Oh ,,,, did anybody mention that not only do the 40failers suck,,,,,,,,,, they suck dick.

JRock calls it the snack shack to attract all the fatties... its his preferred passenger because it makes the truck lower and he says they are easy on the eyes 

well i tried the  jon 521 method of shockless .......maybe with snubbers but man that was impossible to drive ....less bouncy wasn't a issue its all the noise that the shock dampens that i missed the most ...fucking loud ass honkey......and the bouncing steel off steel was not fun either but for the lows ...so u know ... well i hit the iron worker and double bent some tabs and some side gussets for a quick 2 inch raising of the shock towers.....was pressed for time with the daughter and i only being home so i didnt snap alot of pics... but heres a few...finsih3d the drivers side about 130 am last night ....after i finished cleaning the house and doing the dishes  i headed out tot he shop about 1230 and spent the last hour sun burning my eyelids....feels like vacation today but wth out the no work ....face is tan and tight like i was at the beach all day .. only used the auto darkening helmet for the last part...

heres a reference shot since i forgot to take a before pic...this is the frame i plan on bagging at my work...

B89F2CCC-9F12-4EFF-BC8B-BD591026E36A-166

FDAE4CC1-DC36-4E7A-8568-6FAF8F8DBD47-166

3FE7A126-8CDD-43BA-AF67-D8474EB9A0BC-166

2C127BE4-B920-40AA-AC85-EEDCE3D3B354-166

41DC65D1-1133-4F85-81D5-CB84ED41A786-166

fuck me it rides so much nicer...nicer then even before that im not only using the bottom tenth of the shock ....bein its operating range really helped ......raised it just over two inches ....its tough to ge tthe top hardware on now.....  basically you put the top in and as u do u put the hardware on cause u aint getting it on once the bottom bolt is installed.....i even clearance my inner fender a little with a hammer to aid ..but man those things are strong....lol    so i got shocks again wooooo hooooo.... big difference ...and didn't turn out to bad for a quick fix...we will do i a little different on hans red truck but his is more permanent where mine was just a quickie make it low make it useable situation...

also got a lead on a 1 piece 520 driveshaft here local just gotta go lay in the mud and pull it.....had to trade more than i thought it was worth but any trade is better then cash from your pocket any day...trying to convince phixius topull it for me o that he owes me ...its right near his house .....plus im like mr big tanker....to lazy to do it myself ....i kiiddd tanker its my jealousy of your dope ride

• Like 1
Oh hes got one. But, its on some obscure network you probly haven't heard about it yet...

And jcock wants me to post this for him...

IMG953664_zpsa7906135.jpg

My honky next to his freshly washed and newly lowerd 521... rub it in much???

This just made me decide that we're bringing the Maxima to the meet.  I'm too embarrassed to even park my 521 next to these two being as it's multi-colored and still stock height in the front

you can't deny a pimp ride like the Maxi-goon!  Maybe some of you yahoos can show us how to lower the front for me on the 521 ;)  We put 2" lowering blocks in the ass months ago.... while we still lived in the motel.... and never got around to figuring out how to lower the front.  :rofl:   Brodster didn't want to try to figure it out in the motel parking lot, and we've been busy with the 510 and he's been busy with homework too since we moved, so it's just been rolling with reverse-rake for the past 5 months or so :blush: