ratty 521 to match my 411

erichwaslike

so the newest thing.. ive been battling a truck that wont run in the upper rpm.... seems like everything went to shit at once...

1. i had a bad alt/voltage reg so i now have an internal... problem fixed.... made it so my msd an starter wouldnt do shit...

b. i had a bunch of shit in the tank apparently and it was clogging the pickup and lines, pulled the tank and drained it. have an extra but the pickup has poped off so its currently drying with jb weld on it. im looking into the tank sealer my old boss is a dealer for.

lastly. when trouble shooting all this we figured it was a bad starter cause with low voltage they sound like hell and i had no reason to beleive it was an alt,volt reg. also figured it was the fual pump going out and no reason to think of crap in the tank.. so the truck got a new alt, fuel pump and starter wednesday. now i have extras lol. after the tank is back in ill be back to doing my 69 510 gauge istall and the flares, i am also picking up an old school camper shell from heyjoe on sunday. hopefully things go as planned and ill be canby bound wednesday night.

on a better note my tap handle came in for my shifter. 

spoiler alert!!!!!

null_zps74185296.jpg

and when doing the tank i was having trouble with a rusty sending unit lock ring, found a solution. a socket for the dana 44  chevy spindle nut work on it, they are usually in stock at atuozone and run about 32 bucks last i saw, ive had mine from years back when i had a k5 blazer on 40's that ate an axle shaft lol. they fit the 4 tabs sticking up perfect. just a lil tip to anyone that actually reads what i say.......

null_zpse3dd3ba0.jpg

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

b. i had a bunch of shit in the tank apparently and it was clogging the pickup and lines, pulled the tank and drained it. have an extra but the pickup has poped off so its currently drying with jb weld on it. im looking into the tank sealer my old boss is a dealer for.

Yeah I had this problem too.  Burnt off all the solder and sanded the copper down, then had it welded to the tank. Works like a champ now! Still looking for the tank sealer and we're in buisness!

so in 48 hours my truck has changed completely.... heres the story. had to pull my gas tank cause there was a bunch of shit in it. figured if its out i might as well swap the bed, so i did that. go the tank in and truck running, noticed a pinhole from cleaning it and i think i might have poked it with a screwdriver. so i drained it, patched it and it should be dry by the time i get hoe today. i went and picked up the shell from heyjoe on sunday and set it on the truck. it looks bad ass. im so in love with it. i had time to spare and had to cut the bed to fit the 15x10s so i figured it was a good time to throw the 15x12s on and do up some flares. i got one side done yesterday and ill be doing the other side tonight. looks like ill be at canby, and with a truck that no one has really seen before, cause this isnt even the same truck anymore.... om to the pics... let the hate begin lol.....

null_zps6a2dfec7.jpg

null_zpsb608cb7b.jpg

null_zps1aac50dc.jpg

null_zps45ee29f8.jpg

null_zps643ace5b.jpg

null_zps153557a1.jpg

null_zpsd16ae86f.jpg

null_zpsa8a912a4.jpg

null_zpsfe20ec86.jpg

null_zpsd4b76459.jpg

null_zps5ff7fd99.jpg

null_zpsc19d9516.jpg

null_zps49509a0f.jpg

null_zps89b9ffb3.jpg

null_zps7b74bfc7.jpg

null_zps65bf851a.jpg

null_zpsd19d1d51.jpg

null_zps6dc99c9b.jpg

null_zps32581881.jpg

null_zpsccb11e0d.jpg

... thats ALL i got for now........

I still think the shell needs some purple!  I like the set-up, looks creepy, in a good way!   Glad it went to a good home! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Noooooooooooo  the shell does not need purple.lol

Maybe a hint of red.haha

It looks perfect right now!!!! .. :cool: ... don't change/paint/sand ANYTHING!!!! ..... I wish I was closer, I'd love to do a photoshoot of this thing in Beverly Hills or something ... :lol:

..... that camper shell = WIN

coming to canby indy?

I could take us thru some rich parts of portland for a shoot...... 

ya ill be at canby this year with it....

Dude it was nice to see this truck in person, pretty bad ass. Good to meet you. Keep up the good work. And when im ready for my 521 front disc swap ill def be hitting you up.

no offense ment by it, but which cat where you, i meat alot of ppl at canby lol, and looking back im having a hard time remember faces and names with cars....coulda been the bottle of honey jack the night before the sunday show

• Like 1

Haha. I took the 521 last year so I wanted to give the 510 a turn. Plus the 521 has some issues right now and I didn't want to drive it that far with the problems it has.

Btw congrats on the medal. I've been following this thread since you got it and I gotta say I'm impressed you got it canby ready.