ratty 521 to match my 411

erichwaslike

so i finally got a 521, bought it from my ups guy at work as a quickly abandoned project. picked it up for 800 bucks. its pretty much stock as far as the motor goes. its got a weber on it but still dual points. a few good things about it: already has a dogleg5, fairly straight body other than a few big spots on the roof. came with a nissan replacement valance, bumper and brackets. but the bad, it had been hit in the front hence the nissan replacement parts, but they did a good job grafting a new core support on and everything lines up proper so no complaints. i hot wired it last night and it ran for a few minutes so i will get into wiring it soon. needs the brakes gone thru, pedal goes to the floor. other than that its a pretty good truck for 800 and the kicker is it came with a ka-e with an auto behind it for the 800. ill be putting the ka in my 411 that is motorless. the l16 still has the early valve cover and everything. its fairly unmolested. po sanded it and im gonna leave it like that cause it now matches my 411 that im building. im going to eventually make a tow bar for the 411 and flat tow it behind the truck when i go to shows. ill have a ratty 411/521 combo in tow. now a few initial pics

front end. i have all the grill trim for it from the truck i parted out

IMG_07791.jpg

drivers side and a shot of the ka

IMG_07771.jpg

passenger side... the wheels will definitely be getting changed after i start driving it

IMG_07751.jpg

the dash, someoen cut it but i have a radio to fit it so i may leave it, i have another dash that is cut less and a line on anothr dash that isnt cut...

IMG_07781.jpg

and my new ka-e w/autotragic

IMG_07761.jpg

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good price, lotta work!

I see my tail lights SON!

yup those are them. they wil come off prolly tomorrow. ive got a customer car at the shop i have to show some progress on today. also i notices in the reflector section on them they both cracked a lil bit but they dont got all the way to the edges of the lights, just on the reflector. let me know if thats ok and you still want em.

• 5 weeks later...

thiungs have been slow as ive been working 12 hours a day and then going home to my shop to do things on customer cars. i worked on her sister sedan over thanks giving and got some headway on that one. i did pick up a set of 15x8 steelies for it. 3 are 3.75 backspace and one is 3.25 so im on the hunt for more to complete a set. dash is painted and ready to be assembled and put in. the ka is coming out of the be tonight since it started raining and i dont want it to be getting too much weather even tho its all sealed up.....

• 1 month later...

well i had to start on this again... "HAD TO".... i blew up my daily driver and this is the only thing i have close to runing. i replaces a slow starter and a leaking rear wheel cylinder. ill be putting the dash in, tail lights on, and a heater. i am getting my 195/50/15s tomorrow on my 15x8 steel spokers and chevy rally's. i think ive decided on a paint shceme instead of running it ratty. shes just too ugly and the op sanded too much for me to fix it and look right. it will be getting the wheels and moar loar friday - saturday. im hoping to be driving her saturday

they will be by about5-6 tonight... you shoud see the horrible 16 inch yota seelies on it... they have some super tall tires and the truck sits stock height with the 2 inch block lol. ill be going 195/50/15x8 on it so it will have a good low look

they will be by about5-6 tonight... you shoud see the horrible 16 inch yota seelies on it... they have some super tall tires and the truck sits stock height with the 2 inch block lol. ill be going 195/50/15x8 on it so it will have a good low look

I saw the pictures of the toy wheels on it.But purple is one thing but are you running different wheels to for now.Or are those part of the ratty look thing your going with.By the way they almost match your converse.lol

im running the cheby's till i can find the one missing spoker in the deep offset that im missing. or if i find some awesome wheels somewhere. yeah its part of the ratty look but its gonna work with some of the paint scheme too. no spoilers on that tho....

alright heres the pics i have of the wheels.. they are from late friday night and i havent thought to take any more.... and yes i know it needs moar loar in the front.... its also getting moar loar in the rear too

4DED7740-B25F-4F5F-B24B-1074A91CCCF0-251

25B18175-B2A1-4B28-8C68-62BFE92B5088-251

0FAEA5C6-8DE1-41B2-A00C-5562573DF5F9-251

24048D7D-7D43-47A5-8FA2-47E65B13C18B-251

A16E1EBB-5A41-4968-9D8D-08A96E47C5AD-251

D6432EB0-B6BA-417A-A9FA-29B88283A95E-251

B8178CF2-97E0-4AAF-B4E3-8202980EC8BC-251

94C9DA3D-E29F-4100-9069-26F7705D5131-251

E8CB5EBD-6710-4FC3-8CE4-E66834DC45E4-251

well heres a small update. the truck has a bent valve on the intake in cyl #1. ill be swapping out the whole thing with a running l16 im  getting from drewsdime. in other news the truck also tried to kill me on sunday afternoon. i was assessing the valve tick i had. pulled the vc, noticed it kicked a lash pad out and was no where to be seen, prolly on the pan. i grabbed another and was going to install it and had figured it was just the valves out of adjustment that let it come out. i recently installed a brand new starter from auto zone and it has a solenoid that likes to stick. di went to use the starter to bump the motor over... this is where things get scary.... the solenoid stuck on it and the truck was in gear..... it drove thru my shop for about 5-10 feet with me in front of it and pinned me to the ka that i have sitting on the floor still attached to the picker. my knees were pinned by the bumper and the back of the head on the ka and my hip on the core support and the boom of the picker. the starter was still stuck and the truck was doing burnouts since i have a painted floor in my shop and it was raining on sunday. i screamed for help and my neighbor cam running over and he pulled the negative cable off and took the truck out of gear and i was able to slide out from between the ruck and the ka on the floor. my right knee is pretty jaked up and both of the backs of my knees are bruised to hell. my thigh has a gnarly bruise from the corre support and my butt has one to match the square boom on the picker. had i fallen when it was pushing my thru the shop it prolly would have killed me cause my chest and head would have been between the bumper and motor. it was a stupid mistake to bump the starter without checking if it was in gear but if the starter wasnt a piece of shit there would be no story to tell at all, the truck would have just lunged a foot and thats about it. after a few minutes to check myself out i pushed the truck out and the customers cressida that i store inside and the power steering cooler fell and broke the fitting off it... then i bumped my oil bin that i had from draining the 521 and spilled about 4 qts of oil on the floor. sunday just wasnt my day. io went to my parents that night so i could hitch a ride with my dad as we work together. monday morning his 521 had no clutch cause of a bad slave that leaked all the fluid over night for some reason. so my mom drove me and my dad to work in the chevy truck cause she needed it later and on the way to work we got rear ended. no real damage to the truck cause the hitch was in the receiver but the guys 2012 altima was fucked. so it was a rough 24 hour period. 

so thats what has been going on with this truck. i did get to drive it and have a lil fun in the rain but it was short lived. it will be back up and running on sat/sunday. ill try to remember to taker some daytime shots of it. 

You don't call your truck Christina do ya?

Happy that your all right, get rid of the starter, I have found that a sledge hammer fixes everything, after I beat the crap out of the possessed part that has a mind of it's own, that makes me feel better, then I go out and replace it, and all is good.  :lol: