Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nicw but why not keep the rb? only advantage that i can think of is finding parts locally would be a lot easier

I agree .... I never have understood the jz swaps into nissans......the rb is stout and 1 jz just screams drift fan boy...and its a clean skyline too,   that's the worse part .......swaps clean too,  just don't get the rest though

• Like 1

I agree .... I never have understood the jz swaps into nissans......the rb is stout and 1 jz just screams drift fan boy...and its a clean skyline too,   that's the worse part .......swaps clean too,  just don't get the rest though

+1, the worst part s the JZ is substantially inferior engine. and I am not being "nissan fanboy" in saying that. It is true. I love Toyota motors like the 3SG and the UZ.

But, cheaper parts because driftcar.

Local car show in Childress TX (population 6500) 2 weekends ago. Lots of incredible restorations, cool hot rods, some modern and not so modern daily drivers. Even a 280Z daily driver owned by a guy that works at Brown Auto Supply. The downtown area has red brick streets from the early 1900's while the rest of town had dirt streets. Now nearly all the streets are paved but the 80 year old brick streets are still in great shape. Very cool having antique cars shown on a brick street. Childress TX is a 3 1/2 to 4 hours drive to a major city (Oklahoma City & Dallas, Ft Worth Metroplex). 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive to a smaller city (Amarillo & Wichita Falls) so there is not much to do other than work on old cars. It really showed some amazing craftsmanship.

DSCN1626_zps94d72e86.jpg[/url]

Childress TX is Ford Country. More antique Fords and Mercurys than I have ever seen in one place. The buildings in the background is the old "Childress Ford House". It is now a city block long Ford museum. Complete with trophys from big car shows. My digital camera died 2/3rds of the way through the show. My phone died before I could take pictures of the really cool and rare stuff.

DSCN1628_zps6723e44a.jpg

I am seeing a trend here. Lots of '56 Fords here. I mean A LOT OF '56 FORDS HERE!!!

DSCN1630_zps8c61313c.jpg

Hot 312 Y Block. Old school street racer. At least that's what it says on the fender! Really nice car!!

DSCN1629_zpsb08ebef9.jpg[/url]